Ducato Fiat Ducato fuel pump

Currently reading:
Ducato Fiat Ducato fuel pump

John 0313

Hi guys I own a Fiat Ducato based motorhome with a 3ltr engine. I recently had a fuel pump replaced, have hardly used the vehicle and it’s gone again, any ideas as to root cause, looks at moment like I am facing another large bill for repair. Appreciate your knowledge and feedback. I have attach a video, of the leaking fuel pump. Vehicle is 2013.

Attachments

• IMG_5666.mov
    34.2 MB
If it was replaced recently then the garage that supplied and fitted it should replace it again under warranty for free.

Please don't drive it on road with that volume of fuel pouring out....potential death to motorcyclists, cyclists.

Good thing you have video to show garage.
Fingers xed just a pipe connection requiring attention.

Best of luck and please let us know the outcome.

Best wishes

Jack

Please don't drive it on road with that volume of fuel pouring out....potential death to motorcyclists, cyclists.

Good thing you have video to show garage.
Fingers xed just a pipe connection requiring attention.

Best of luck and please let us know the outcome.

Best wishes

Jack
Just to bring you up to date, fuel pump was fixed, then set off on a road trip managed 300 mls and it failed again. Really not sure what may be causing this issue. Vehicle at present being recovered back to garage for the third time. Must say the garage along with the pump manufacturer have been good by rectifying the work and replacing the part. Luckily we had recovery insurance.
Between the pump and engine drive sits a metal collar, acts like a spacer, between pump and engine drive and it’s through that the fuel is leaking. I maybe wrong in my assumption as not a mechanic, but it appears the pump is leaking from the engine side of the pump, and not the outer side. The drive shaft that connects the pump to the engine comes out this side. My thought around this continued problem is that the shaft may not be running true. Thus after a short period of time and due to a potential misalignment loosens the seal on that side of the pump, by possible vibration, this is the third occasion, with two new pumps being fitted and same end result.
Any thoughts on a potential cause, would be appreciate, has anyone had similar issues?

It is good they are fixing it, as they are the professionals and you shouldn't be out of pocket after paying for the job in the first place.
Was it a reconditioned fuel pump?

Back