Technical fiat ducato 2007 not charging

Currently reading:
Technical fiat ducato 2007 not charging

Found the cable hanging around the alternator. Reason of not having even worst troubles was that its insulation part was longer than the cable itself. So it couldn't touch any part of the engine.
Now it's wrapped up with insulation tape tired it up on the alternator's positive cable. So, it's not moving around. Do you think there might be any issue with induction with the alternator positive cable?
Tomorrow I will visit an electrician shop for further fix.

viber_image_2023-09-10_20-15-33-330.jpg

Found though another cable which seems to be manually disconnected (on both ends) for some reason. This might be related to habitation electricities.

Screenshot 2023-09-10 at 8.53.24 PM.png

That's great news

It could so easily all ended very badly

We will have to wait until the damaged wiring has been fixed, there's a good chance it will fix everything

Fingers crossed

Last edited:
Found the cable hanging around the alternator. Reason of not having even worst troubles was that its insulation part was longer than the cable itself. So it couldn't touch any part of the engine.
Now it's wrapped up with insulation tape tired it up on the alternator's positive cable. So, it's not moving around. Do you think there might be any issue with induction with the alternator positive cable?
Tomorrow I will visit an electrician shop for further fix.

View attachment 429586

Found though another cable which seems to be manually disconnected (on both ends) for some reason. This might be related to habitation electricities.

View attachment 429592
Simple answer is No!

Today I visited Fiat official service to get a price quote for the cable. As I was informed they do not sell this cable itself as standalone. They only sell the entire bunch of cables which costs around 600 euros.
As per their advice, the cable could be repaired by an electrician though. So I booked a service in an electrician shop on Thursday.
They also confirmed that this broken cable is 100% the root cause of the issue.

Today I visited Fiat official service to get a price quote for the cable. As I was informed they do not sell this cable itself as standalone. They only sell the entire bunch of cables which costs around 600 euros.
As per their advice, the cable could be repaired by an electrician though. So I booked a service in an electrician shop on Thursday.
They also confirmed that this broken cable is 100% the root cause of the issue.
Yes as previously suggested by myself and at least twice by @koalar .

Of course the credits goes to all of you. Thank you million of times. If it wasn't you (I stated already to my previous post), local electricians would have probably requested to replace everything (with no reason) until they fix the problem. As for me, I was only the info collector. Nothing more.

I just mentioned about the local Fiat electrician info to confirm YOUR success...

Thanks again and again!!

Back