Technical Fiat ducato 2.3 multijet engine stalling

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat ducato 2.3 multijet engine stalling

s3nata16

Hello members im new here I've read a lot about this problem but still i cant find a solution so here it is i have fiat ducato 2008 2.3 multijet 130hp and the problem is engine is stalling between 1000-2000rpm when u try to floor the pedal after 2k rpm there is no problem i have changed the fuel filter,fuel pressure sensor, fuel rail pressure sensor and also i have removed the fuel pressure pump and its also in good condition but the problem still remains i have these codes popping up p0090 p0091 p0092 some people say its the ECU and others say problem is in the fuel pump in the tank so if anyone had similar problem i would like to hear advice

Hello members im new here I've read a lot about this problem but still i cant find a solution so here it is i have fiat ducato 2008 2.3 multijet 130hp and the problem is engine is stalling between 1000-2000rpm when u try to floor the pedal after 2k rpm there is no problem i have changed the fuel filter,fuel pressure sensor, fuel rail pressure sensor and also i have removed the fuel pressure pump and its also in good condition but the problem still remains i have these codes popping up p0090 p0091 p0092 some people say its the ECU and others say problem is in the fuel pump in the tank so if anyone had similar problem i would like to hear advice
Have you changed the complete fuel filter not just the element. Another thing to check is engine to body earth straps can affect erratic running.

From my spreadsheet here are options

Ducato​
P0090​
Fuel Pressure (Regulator at High Pressure Pump Inlet)​
Generic​
P0090​
Fuel Pressure Regulator 1 Control Circuit​
Fiat 2​
P0090​
Pressure maximum rail,​
Fiat 2​
P0091​
Drift positive rail pressure (step 1) - low pressure, Positive drift​
Ducato​
P0091​
Generic​
P0091​
Fuel Pressure Regulator 1 Control Circuit Low​
Ducato​
P0092​
Generic​
P0092​
Fuel Pressure Regulator 1 Control Circuit High​
Fiat 2​
P0092​
rail pressure (step 2) - low pressure, Negative drift​

So pressure issues that you had addressed the most obvious components.
"also i have removed the fuel pressure pump and its also in good condition"
there is also a small filter built into the pump. A you tube video show removing replacing it.

I agree an extra earth lead bottom of engine to chassis. have you travelled any distance before she stalls? Is the Vacuum valve in the fuel filler cap OK, ie your not getting the an air lock.

Hey everyone i have only changed the fuel filter not the whole housing and also i have changed that filter that you are talking about inside the high pressure pump now since i haven't driven the bus 1 week it started getting weird cooling fan activate without even key on the ignition I don't know if that's has to do with my problem also i want to add that it stalls only when engine is getting warmed up and it can stall if i press twice the gas paddle even when im not driving it thanks

So here is a little update from today was faulty cooling fan relay i also tried with new fuel pump relay to see if makes difference but nothing changed still stalling also when it dies i can immediately fire it up again with no issues interesting fact is that i see that fuel pump relay is turning off the moment when engine cuts out i really dont see what should i do next

So here is a little update from today was faulty cooling fan relay i also tried with new fuel pump relay to see if makes difference but nothing changed still stalling also when it dies i can immediately fire it up again with no issues interesting fact is that i see that fuel pump relay is turning off the moment when engine cuts out i really dont see what should i do next
Hello, I got the same symptom, my engine stall when I accelerate strongly under 2000rpm. Engine restart directly and the engine don't really cut off. Did you find solution? This happen after changing fuel filter and my garage put a new injection pump.

Hello, I got the same symptom, my engine stall when I accelerate strongly under 2000rpm. Engine restart directly and the engine don't really cut off. Did you find solution? This happen after changing fuel filter and my garage put a new injection pump
Hello when i was accelerating hard under 2k rpm engine just dies like i turned off the key i dont know if u get the same issue as mine

Hello ! For me it's as if a micro-cut of the engine happened but it doesn't really turn off. I don't have any lights on the dashboard that appear during this problem.

Hello sorry for late reply but i don't think the problem is similar to mine.My bus was totally dying at one moment and i can start it up again just a second later

Back