General fiat doblo serious reliabilty issue with gearbox

Currently reading:
General fiat doblo serious reliabilty issue with gearbox

Biker1941 said:
To hell cat and other s
May I recall my ex bosses story about his RR
Whilst on holiday in Rumainia his gear box developed a fault, He rang RR and explained the problem within 2 days a mechanic appeared with a gearbox which he installed and tested, My boss continued with his holiday and arrived back in the UK. where He sent a letter of thanks to RR who replied," What gearbox problem?? RRs do not fail!!"
This will never happen with Fiat I know, but surely customer relations are worth something even at Fiat.
Clive:( :(

Sounds great.. I can't wait to buy a Grande Punto with 'no reliability problems' - Shame it will cost more than I paid for my house...

I've now got my van back on the road, and it is running fine, the gearbox people have given me a 2 year warranty on it, which is probably better than fiats warranty !
By the way got nowhere with fiat, they are as hard as nails, they obviously couldnt care less about customer relations

I know this is an old thread, but I stumbled across it while looking for some info on Scudo gearchange linkages.

There is NO requirement for a garage to use GENUINE parts to maintain a warranty - only "OE quality" parts. This is set out in black and white by the Office of Fair Trading.

This has been the case since 2004.

I realise it's too late for the OP now, but this info may help others in the future if they find this thread while searching.

No it can't.

That's the point - they're the same quality as OE stuff, and that satisfies the requirements for the warranty, and will cause no problems. Go ask the OFT if you don't want to take my word for it.

Some good news: Had a problem with my 8 month old (40k miles) doblo maxi not going into 4th gear, fiat dealer ordered part and fixed it under warranty, no questions/quibling replaced asap. A very happy customer bearing in mind the nightmares i've heard about fiat warranties!

No it can't.

That's the point - they're the same quality as OE stuff, and that satisfies the requirements for the warranty, and will cause no problems. Go ask the OFT if you don't want to take my word for it.

It can (and will) cause complications, I never mentioned anything about the actual fitting of an OE part and am aware of the legalities.

Back