General fiat 500 sport driver needs help

Currently reading:
General fiat 500 sport driver needs help

Hello guys i need a bit of advise from other 500 sport drivers. Picked up my brand new 63 reg fiat 500 sport yesterday. First i find i have no under seat storage. Second thing no fix and go repair kit. now on fiats home page configarator. it says space saver wheel and fix and go. and for under seat option it says not with leather. my seats are standard half leather. not full leather.
so an i wrong or as fiat made a boob ?

Not sure about the repair kit (haven't checked mine) but mine is a 63 reg sport and has storage under the passenger seat (doesn't come under drivers) so I would assume they made a mistake?

"Fix and go" - no idea what this is.

Re the under seat storage - there is a knack to lifting the seat - are you sure you are doing it right?

Yes i tryed one out in the show room on a pop. Mine dose not have it. I can see the foam in the seat from looking under the seat.

It dose have sound upgrade. But the sub is under drivers seat.

Yep thats it, I had the stereo upgrade and it removes the passenger undertray storage.

They seem to forget that the sub, that is under the passenger seat on europeon models, is under the drivers seat on UK ones.

Last edited:
Yep thats it, I had the stereo upgrade and it removes the passenger undertray storage.

They seem to forget that the sub, that is under the passenger seat on europeon models, is under the drivers seat on UK ones.
Or they couldn't be bothered rectifying it for the UK market (Italian's thinking - who do they think they are driving on the wrong side of the road? = )) )

Wrong thread! But anyway, the 500 has a spare so no need for pumpy goo.
Yeah mine comes with a 'Tyre repair kit'! Dealer asked me like 200 euros for the space saver kit. Oh well, living with risk. At least breakdown cover is included in my insurance and I don't really leave town that much so if there is a puncture i'll get it towed to my tire shop that stocks my tires naturally.

Once I drove it really slowly to the nearest tire shop. Not smart but I really had no choice! It was less than a mile away from my house so not the end of the world.

If you read the brochure it says add stereo delete under seat storage. salesman should have told you.
This is the wording from there web site.

Price from:
£12810 OTR price
Standard features:
Blue&Me (Bluetooth + USB + AUX-IN)
Bluetooth English Configuration
Radio / CD / MP3 Player
12v Point
50/50 Split folding rear seat with headrestraints
Automatic Climate Control
Electric Front Windows And Central Door Locking
Electrically Adjustable Painted Door Mirrors (with defrosting & external temperature sensor)
Grab handle
Heated Rear Window
Height Adjustable Drivers Seat
Height Adjustable Steering Wheel
Remote Control Central Door Locking
Seatback pockets
Space Saver Spare Wheel
Start&Stop
Storage under passenger seat (not with Leather)
ABS with EBD
Airbag: Driver's
Airbag: Driver's Knee
Airbag: Passenger
Airbags: Front Side
Airbags: Window
BAS (Brake Assistance System)
Fix&Go Puncture Repair Kit
Heated Rear Window with Wash/Wiper
Locking Fuel Cap
Locking wheel nuts
Body Coloured Bumpers
Dark Tinted Windows
Sports Kit (sport seats, spoiler, chrome exhaust)
15" Alloy Wheels with 185/55 tyres

Regardless, you lose the underseat storage when you spec interscope. The salesman should have told you.

There will be t's and c's saying that specs can change at any time and this is their get out clause. For instance you won't get the fix n go kit AND the space saver wheel, go and ask for your fix and go kit, you will be told to fix and go off :)

Last edited:
Back