Technical Fiat 500 screen washer bottle capacity

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat 500 screen washer bottle capacity

And risk causing dazzle all oncoming drivers on a single carriageway road, including those in much bigger vehicles :confused: :rolleyes:

Crashtest Audi Q7 vs. Fiat 500 - YouTube

I said 'for those inclined'. I'd rather not because it's there for a reason. Fact is, by sheer numbers, there are more Halogen lit vehicles out there with incorrectly adjusted headlights that are just as adept at dazzling other road users.

I also find it depressing how many people seem not to be able to operate their light switch to TURN OFF main beam lights. Being as draconian as I am, I'd like to see people who do this face an instant lifetime ban. I mean, if you can't operate your car, should you be driving it?

I can understand people forgetting main beam lights if they've been driving for a few minutes with them on, it's people with fog lights on that annoy me.

I can understand people forgetting main beam lights if they've been driving for a few minutes with them on, it's people with fog lights on that annoy me.

Really? There's a bloody great blue idiot light on the dash telling you. Plus you can tell because everything is lit up (if you're following someone, the massive reflection you get from their rear view mirror is a good clue!).

And, on the motorway? Certainly the lower sections of the M1, which are fully lit.

There's nothing stopping you doing it now. It's not part of the MOT test, IIRC, and is only necessary to get type approval when selling a new car.

I have no problem with it - I'd rather keep my lights clean, which helps prevent light scatter and helps prevent dazzling other road users.

It was tongue in cheek, actually you make a very good point light scatter, thanks.

Threads like this do make me laugh compared to those in the Stilo section - where we deal with waterlogged fuseboxes, sudden-death MAFs, duff replacement suspension parts, windows that wind themselves down, self-locking, broken Skyroofs, etc. :p Headlights? I think we're generally thrilled when they come on, especially if the engine's running too...

-Alex

Last edited:
it's people with fog lights on that annoy me.

Especially when it's raining. How many out there are ignorant of: Only to be used in Fog and Falling Snow???:cry:

In my former life, (1962 > 1971) when there was time for effective policing, I had no hesitation in pulling people over and giving them a good talking to re the incorrect use of fog lights. Guess what they all pleaded ignorance.

effective policing to me should mean beating ignorant people to a bloody pulp with your baton :p

In the 60's the sentiments were different than the 'over the top' correctness of today.
Where I was we had the 1st race riots in the country, which involved the Chief Constable reading the Riot Act and then days of baton charges against the offending population. No shields or helmets with fancy visors, just a 2 ft long ebony truncheon.

Local A&E could not cope with the volume of split head casualties. Those were the days!!!

In the 60's the sentiments were different than the 'over the top' correctness of today.
Where I was we had the 1st race riots in the country, which involved the Chief Constable reading the Riot Act and then days of baton charges against the offending population. No shields or helmets with fancy visors, just a 2 ft long ebony truncheon.

Local A&E could not cope with the volume of split head casualties. Those were the days!!!

... and then all back to the Masonic Lodge for a spot of bear baiting.

effective policing to me should mean beating ignorant people to a bloody pulp with your baton :p

They do that in Turkey actually. Europe is too worried about human rights so the bad guys are always free over there. No wonder everyone gets stabbed in the UK!

now why does midnight express comes to mind ;)

hahahah good one!
however i think midnight express exaggerated issues and was mainly a slur movie. maybe one of the film producers had a 'bad experience' with police there.
it was hilarious how the police guards werent even speaking turkish, just some random made up language!

Back