General Fiat 500 Help

Currently reading:
General Fiat 500 Help

chelseaanastasia

Hello J

I just want some advice about how your fiats drive? Unfortunatelynone of my friends own one and so I cant compare. I have a 1.2 colour therapyin red.

I have had mine roughly 13 months and its been a tough ride.I find it drives differently when starting from cold say in a morning to workor coming home from work – to when I have been out for a few miles like goingout at the weekend.

It has a delayed response when pressing the accelerator too,about 1.5-2 seconds but still, at a junction etc can be inconvenient whenwanting to make a quick getaway without being constantly on the biting point –is this normal?

Also, I find that if I am in first or second gear and needto slow down a little, obviously you lift your foot off slightly, it sometimesjerks a little, like I’ve just whacked my foot off the pedal (eg. When youbring your foot up to quickly and it jumps a little) it only happens in firstor second gear, and only occasionallybut just wanted to know if that’s how the cars are? Im going roughly 10-15mphin second gear down hill so its not as if im in too higher gear and it wants tostall

I do find it lacks power, I need atleast 2K revs to set offsmoothly but Im getting use to that now – does anybody else find their car hasno low down torque?

I know the car is small and has a small engine so cantexpect the same smooth ride that you would get say from a 2litre diesel but I justfind myself constantly over thinking about it now

Thanks!

Hello J

I just want some advice about how your fiats drive? Unfortunatelynone of my friends own one and so I cant compare. I have a 1.2 colour therapyin red.

I have had mine roughly 13 months and its been a tough ride.I find it drives differently when starting from cold say in a morning to workor coming home from work – to when I have been out for a few miles like goingout at the weekend.

It has a delayed response when pressing the accelerator too,about 1.5-2 seconds but still, at a junction etc can be inconvenient whenwanting to make a quick getaway without being constantly on the biting point –is this normal?

Also, I find that if I am in first or second gear and needto slow down a little, obviously you lift your foot off slightly, it sometimesjerks a little, like I’ve just whacked my foot off the pedal (eg. When youbring your foot up to quickly and it jumps a little) it only happens in firstor second gear, and only occasionallybut just wanted to know if that’s how the cars are? Im going roughly 10-15mphin second gear down hill so its not as if im in too higher gear and it wants tostall

I do find it lacks power, I need atleast 2K revs to set offsmoothly but Im getting use to that now – does anybody else find their car hasno low down torque?

I know the car is small and has a small engine so cantexpect the same smooth ride that you would get say from a 2litre diesel but I justfind myself constantly over thinking about it now

Thanks!
hello. do you have difficulty climbing up hills? if so you may have the famous problem 1.2 engine, of which i am sure you can read about in the forum.

Back