Technical Fiat 500 1.2pop right side trans seal

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat 500 1.2pop right side trans seal

dtwkwok

My right side trans seal was worn off but cannot get a replacement. At least, that is what my Fiat dealer in Oz told me.

From the picture, they reckon that the seal on the right is the correct seal with the parts number above. However, I bought one 2 years ago in preparation for a replacement. Now I find out that the one at the left upper corner is 2 mm small than the old taken out, the one left lower corner. Same as the one they offered now. Of course, they told the old parts does not apply and the new one is the correct one. But the new one just slip into the hole and with a 2mm play. That is no good. They promise to seek clarification with Melbourne head office.

Anyone has the same issue with replacement seal?

Attachments

• 20210607_122915.jpg
    20210607_122915.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 45
Finally sorted out, the dealer said they have mistaken the parts catalogue. Anyway, the parts no is 46343846. The size and look matches exactly with the worn one. The price is 2x what I can get from UK. But you know, get the job done probably is the priority here. They also refuse to refund the wrong one that was sold to me 2 years ago, saying there is no receipt and no packaging.
Anyway, they don't trust these people in business. For small amount of A$42, they don't care about customer rights and their responsibility of selling the right product for a declared function.

Attachments

• drive shaft seal.jpg
    drive shaft seal.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 15
The right and left seals are different. Without wading into parts listings, I guess they sold you the left one. If you've not damaged it, it might be needed someday.

On UK vehicles, the exhaust is directly under the right side seal, so it gets significantly hotter than the left seal. This hardens it, then it leaks. Due to the exhaust being under it, access is more difficult to replace it. (Been there, done that, done the swearing.)

Back