FF Monaco F1 GP trip

Currently reading:
FF Monaco F1 GP trip

Is everyone still up for this trip? Cos I've just seen this thread and I can tell you for a fact that I'm def coming and gonna book days off for 2007 lol.

Does anyone know how much the actual F1 tickets are for Monaco? Cos it would probs cost £100-£150 to travel there one way inc. petrol and toll road. So thats already £200-£300 for travel to and from France, then train costs from Nice to Monaco, then spending money and then F1 ticket money. So how much do you think the least money you should take is?

Yep the trip is "deffo" a go ahead. Being so far in the future, the thread may go a bit stale every now and then, but we'll all be there on the day it matters :)

There's a link on here somewhere to a site that Alex set up for information on the trip etc. I've had a couple of beers and I'm not gonna look for it :D

Ahhh... I forgot to up load the docs... its been weeks...

the URL is monaco.revone.co.uk

Docs will be up this evening without fail as I'm a little snowed under today.

Are we going all the way By Motorway or dart on and off the national (the good ones) to save a bit off money :)

Slc

No idea, if we're all traveling together in a convoy the rout needs to be as simple as possible so we dont have to travel at 45mph all the time :) But I don't see why not so long as its not a completely out of the way detour.

Might be an idea to see if I can't arrange to get some french PAYG sim cards so that we can all keep in touch on the move

If theres an overnight stop, i suggest one of those cheap n cheerful hotels...like Premier Class or something of the like :)

Slc said:
If theres an overnight stop, i suggest one of those cheap n cheerful hotels...like Premier Class or something of the like :)

Awww I wanted 5 star service :p . Yep, I think some people are considering turning their cars into hotel rooms for the night.

Just giving this a quick bump... I'm still organising this, if you want to help me out please let me know... This trip is still very much on at this stage.

Another bump.

With about 15 months to go before the 2007 GP, I think it may be time to find out if anyone is still interested in this trip.

So lets have some names please :)

:eek: i neva new this thread existed :eek:

Whats the situation with respect to booking costs and accomadation as i would be interested if thats ok but depending on the cost (as it always is)

ah, yes I keep forgetting to update this thread. The people from monaco have kindly sent me this years stuff. I shall start finding out information soon, which will be the end of next month. Keep an eye on this site it'll be having a re-design soon but the info is all current (there are no further updates to make yet)

right so you are planning to meet @ various locations in the UK and drival down into france then get a train into monaco? Why not just drive all the way? Or is it a parking and the closed roads kind of problem?
I would assume the overall milage to monaco and back (well for me in sunderland) would be about 2000-2500miles?, therefore @45mpg (would get more like 55 driving on motorways etc) would cost £200-250 in fuel, so we are looking at about what, £400 per car with one person in it, then if you have more people per car fuel cost is reduced a bit (more weight)

The Supermarkets are normally around the 1 Euro mark for diesel that is...so about 68p to 75p

I have been to Monaco, unfortunately missed the Grand Prix.

Just a couple of suggestions for you all .....

Cheap hotels out there: http://www.hotelformule1.com/formule1/index.html

Campsite I stayed at: Camping Du Pylone in Antibes http://www.cantabrica.co.uk/antibes.asp#pylone, which is along the coast and there is a train that goes directly along the coast, which makes it easier to travel along that area. I went by coach with Club Cantabrica.

Hope that's of some help.

Would be a wicked trip IMO :D

can't believe i've not seen this. I'm well up for it. I was planning on heading greece way to get a turbo fitted in '07 anyway...

and i've stayed at that campsite in Antibes, and if anyone is into rare steak, there's a restaurant in Antibes that does the best open grilled steak... awesome.

at grand prix time we wont get near monaco with cars, it's horrible... we;d be best crashing around antibes and taking the affore mentioned coastal line... it's cheap enough

Last edited:
You want cheap accomodation in Monaco for the GP? Well every year the easyCruise is there for the GP weekend. I run a forum for it called http://www.bigorangeboat.com

The fact is, if you book on the day tickets are released the prices are very reasonable. I was gonna go this year but the friend I run the website with couldn't get the time off.

It leaves Nice on the Friday, and travels to Monaco, then stays there from Saturday morning till Monday night.

I was on the ship for 2 weeks in January in the Caribbean and it was a brilliant atmosphere. We've booked again for a trip in October. Oh and it's £2.50 a pint rather than the 10 euros in Monaco.

I'm well up for the trip there by car, should be a blast.

I want to come on this trip please, as i am also driving onto Turin with a couple of other pandas. Can anybody recommend a camp site (preferably a british run one), or a VERY cheap hotel. I have tried to get prices for hotels online but many places are already booked :eek:

Back