Technical Fan always on

Currently reading:
Technical Fan always on

jstanner

So I've got a bravo 1.4 tjet, and the fan is constantly on with an engine warning light, and after plugging a computer in I have the fault codes P0115 and P0106 even after replacing the coolant sensor, map sensor and checking the wiring I cannot get to the bottom of it. Any ideas or tips?

So I've got a bravo 1.4 tjet, and the fan is constantly on with an engine warning light, and after plugging a computer in I have the fault codes P0115 and P0106 even after replacing the coolant sensor, map sensor and checking the wiring I cannot get to the bottom of it. Any ideas or tips?
I’ve got the same issue and it started by the car taking too long to reach its operation temp. Then It started working too cold when driving in highway under low loads and cooling down by the air due to driving speed. Once it reached the minimum temp, the fan stayed on all the time making it harder for the car to fix the problem (operating too cold).
The way I was able to have it “temporarily fixed” was driving out in a hot day WITH THE A/C ON as if you were in hot pursuit (not legal everywhere, but technically necessary). That way the car was able to reach the regular operating temperature while working with the engine fan at MAX speed due to the A/C on. Once I got it there, stop, let the turbo cool down a little (just not the car), and turn it off. After a couple cycles like that, the fan got back to normal and the MIL was turned off again.
I will replace the thermostat + Coolant temp sensor (they are sold together), as I think the thermostat is staying open or maybe opening too soon, making it harder to reach the regular operation temp.

You’ll have to keep an eye on the temp indicator, cause if it reaches the lower end of the dial you lose the game again and will need to repeat (this just happened to me last week) so now I have to drive faster in highway to keep the engine “busy” (It doesn’t bother me, but scares my wife a little 😅)

Hope this helps!

Back