Technical External E-torx sizes?

Currently reading:
Technical External E-torx sizes?

moisin

Busy doing some small jobs on the g/f's 2014 Panda, but when I went to remove the lower bolt from the rear shocks I was delighted to find that Fiat had stopped using a standard bolt to retain the lower part of the shock...!
Before I spend £££ on a full set of suitable sockets to fit this External E-Torx bolt - would anyone know what specific size Fiat have used for this rear shock assembly bolt?

.....and, did they also replace any other standard bolts with E-torx types, as I need to do a couple of other small repairs so don't want to be backwards & forwards to the autoparts dealers to grab more tools.

Thanks!

Busy doing some small jobs on the g/f's 2014 Panda, but when I went to remove the lower bolt from the rear shocks I was delighted to find that Fiat had stopped using a standard bolt to retain the lower part of the shock...!
Before I spend £££ on a full set of suitable sockets to fit this External E-Torx bolt - would anyone know what specific size Fiat have used for this rear shock assembly bolt?

.....and, did they also replace any other standard bolts with E-torx types, as I need to do a couple of other small repairs so don't want to be backwards & forwards to the autoparts dealers to grab more tools.

Thanks!
E18 also used on the 4 hub retaining bolts. Buying a set or a partial set not significantly more than just buying one, if postage involved.

Thanks!
There's a fair smattering of E-Torx on my '63 4x4. If you've rear discs you'll come across some there and I think, if I remember correctly, there's a couple involved if you have to do the front suspension arm replacement (to change ball joints for example). I found it cheaper to buy a set. E16 seemed to be the more common??
If you look at the associated metric thread size that should guide you to the more common e-torx sizes to expect when thinking of the typical bolt sizes you find in a car??

1715349197629.png

Just buy a full set, a bit like normal torx, always difficult to judge the size by view and needs trial and error to see what one fits.

Back