General Exclusive! World's only 20v Supercharged Marea

Currently reading:
General Exclusive! World's only 20v Supercharged Marea

Re: Modded Marea Weekend - check it out!!!

ouch man thats sacraligius int it, clay that email i sent was incorect it is actuatly off a newer ***** that has black coated bl**s which is off a works so ill let ya know how it goes off, have you managed to source a 20vt inlet yet? i just bagged my self one for £80 delivered but there is about 3 on ebay at the minute dont pay anymore mate they all seem to be going for about £80. anyways looking forward to hear how its going .

sounds like its got a lot better pick up with the help of the boost dunt it mategood luck anyways on the rollers pal

Fitted the coupe turbo ecu today, keycode light wont go out, and it wont start, any thoughts?, am i doing something stupid?
edit
i just thought, i probably need to disconnect the battery and then fit it, otherwise it wont reset itself to the new car

Last edited:

Fitted the coupe turbo ecu today, keycode light wont go out, and it wont start, any thoughts?, am i doing something stupid?
edit
i just thought, i probably need to disconnect the battery and then fit it, otherwise it wont reset itself to the new car

how u manage fitting that mate?

bet there was alot of wiring want they lol(y)

edit

yes its a known issue when doing the turbo conversion, the immobaliser and interfere, in your case its because the key codes dont match, do you have the keys to go with the ecu?

if you do just pop the chips out of them and fit to your keys.

if not you need to find a way to disable it.

oh, and i imagen the turbo ecu is plug and play ;)

Last edited:

plug and play6 as in take old out put new in and turn over?

if thats the case and it runs everything ok i might try that as a cheaper option to the DASTEK as i know of a place that can do th maping for me . cant believe its that simple lol

Turbo ECU is defo not plug and play as far as I am aware.
The TURBO models have several more sensor than on an N/A engine and control one or more funtcions say like EBV (pressure blowoff valve??) for turbo spooling etc..
As mentioned by Bulldog the ECU's are also coded to your key's, so you need the original keys and locks for that particular ECU or you need your keys recoded and I believe you will need the RED KEY that goes with the ECU you've bought.
Best bet would be to have a remap of the Marea ECU done, and here again I understand that the 147 model Marea is unmappable and will need a piggy back system like the Dastek unit. As far as I know the 155 model Marea is mappable but not sure.
Your engine is a 147 model so apperently unmappable??
How about buying an ECU and RED KEY for a 155 model and getting that remapped??
Anyway hope this helps and good luck with it all
Your a braver man than I..

Turbo ECU is defo not plug and play as far as I am aware.
The TURBO models have several more sensor than on an N/A engine and control one or more funtcions say like EBV (pressure blowoff valve??) for turbo spooling etc..
As mentioned by Bulldog the ECU's are also coded to your key's, so you need the original keys and locks for that particular ECU or you need your keys recoded and I believe you will need the RED KEY that goes with the ECU you've bought.
Best bet would be to have a remap of the Marea ECU done, and here again I understand that the 147 model Marea is unmappable and will need a piggy back system like the Dastek unit. As far as I know the 155 model Marea is mappable but not sure.
Your engine is a 147 model so apperently unmappable??
How about buying an ECU and RED KEY for a 155 model and getting that remapped??
Anyway hope this helps and good luck with it all
Your a braver man than I..

the 147 ECU is not mappable, you can however fit a replacment chip to it. Celtic Tuning will be the people to talk to.

dunno if the 155 ECU will fit....

get what im getting mate, a dastek unichip.
my email is [email protected] email me and ill send you a copy of my email from dastek telling you what it can do.

Clay as a couple of others have pointed out your car is defo' a 147 Marea.
The 155 were only available from 2000 and then only for a couple of years, they then became the 150 Marea.
155 & 150 Marea have a plastic cover with speacial plastic cam carriers.
The 147 Marea's have an all aluminium head, carriers and spark plug cover.
Just because the chip may not be remappable it doesn't mean to say that you can't completely replace the chip with an after market version which may well then be remappable.

It's only over when the fat lady sings or when the wife says it is....

hows it going with the car then mate? im still bitting and battingt until i get a full weekend on the green hgt then its gunna get it all, just a quick question theough? how on earth do you get the manifold off aswell as tha water chamber. does the manifold have to come off first?

Back