04110.JPG

Stilo Enzo, my shumey GP.

Introduction

now i've finally got some decent photos of Enzo which don't have my house in the background, i can now show my him off in all his glory! ........so here he is, a 2006 stilo schumacher GP, number 186. He's almost standard only for a few areas. The suspension been further lowerd with Ebach springs, 8mm spacers at the rear, 5mm at the front, red stuff front and rear pads, goodridge braided brake hoses, a GSR induction pipe, and a momo duke gear knob.
standard power for this car is 170BHP, however, being an ex-forum members car, i do have photographic evidence of it running at 204BHP due to a re-map but can't comform that it is still running this modifcation......booooooo:p

my to do list is as follows.... a front strut brace, a K&N cone filter, removal of the 2nd cat and replace with a new system, and sort the tunes out with a new head unit and base bin in the boot.There are no external "mods" in the pipe line

It all started yesterday when I decided to change the thermostat. To get at it I had to remove the induct pipe. When I put it back on I didn't tighten the jubilee clamp up enough where it goes into the air box so when I took a very excited Sweex out for a spin it came away from the air box which has the air mass meter on it so started spluttering and miss firing and eventually it just wouldn't run. Me and the guys where nearly in the right area because we thought perhaps I got coolant on the lambda sensor plug but it turns out it was because the induct pipe was sucking in fresh air and the air mass meter wasn't picking up any airflow, the car was running extra lean and ergo wouldn't run over tick over. :bang:
I bet you would have had some induction roar off it for the small amount of time it kept going! :D

I bet you would have had some induction roar off it for the small amount of time it kept going! :D

I had back fire and everything mate :D its funny cos Sweex did point out that he could hear an air rush sound but none of us clicked that it was the air box - we were too concerned with it being the lambda sensor

I had back fire and everything mate :D its funny cos Sweex did point out that he could hear an air rush sound but none of us clicked that it was the air box - we were too concerned with it being the lambda sensor

I was very annoyed with myself that I didn't check the induction pipe as it actually sounded like you had an induction kit on!
Such a douche for not looking at it :( would have saved the AA call out.

It all started yesterday when I decided to change the thermostat. To get at it I had to remove the induct pipe. When I put it back on I didn't tighten the jubilee clamp up enough where it goes into the air box so when I took a very excited Sweex out for a spin it came away from the air box which has the air mass meter on it so started spluttering and miss firing and eventually it just wouldn't run. Me and the guys where nearly in the right area because we thought perhaps I got coolant on the lambda sensor plug but it turns out it was because the induct pipe was sucking in fresh air and the air mass meter wasn't picking up any airflow, the car was running extra lean and ergo wouldn't run over tick over. :bang:

Ahhhh, oh well atleast it was nothing serious glad it's all sorted now, did you all have a good day? Shame I couldn't have joined you all would have been good to put some faces to names, I will have to come to the next meet!

Ash

Yes you must! There's plenty happening in 2014. It's been a while since my car has stood next to another Schumacher where do you live if you don't mind me asking?

Ahh sweet would be good to meet everyone, no course I don't mind, I'm on the Cambridge/Essex border but I don't mind a bit of a trip :)

Well it's now official - Enzo is SORN'ed and it's insurance will expire in the middle of June. The renewal notice just came through today as it goes and it was £550 :eek: and if you factor in the tax that would have been due at the end of this month (£285) I have just saved the best part of £800. It's no wonder that people are selling these cars for a song. Fortunately selling my beloved Enzo is not on the cards just yet :)

I've got big plans for him mostly in the engine room. A replacement gearbox has been sourced and deemed in excellent condition, a new genuine Fiat air con pipe has been bought so hopefully it will have air on for the very first time in my ownership. I'll also be fitting a cylinder head that's been reworked to improve on air flow and will hopefully feature a pair of C&B sports cams (y). Replacement seals and belts will also happen along with a new clutch.

On the outside I'm hoping on giving the wheels a refurb back to there former gory too and If there's some pennies left then I'm going to splash out for a new full system exhaust :)

So for the duration of the year luigi is going to be my daily transport so fingers crossed he'll behave himself :D

Last edited:
I'm thinking of a custom one jimmy like power flow or similar - there around £500 and I'ld be able to get it just right (y)

I bought a second hand cylinder head awhile back and have been chipping (or should I say grinding :D) away on and off for the last few months opening up the ports and smoothing them out. I'm no racing expert hence why I'm not claiming that it's "gas flowed" as without a flow bench I'll never know if my work will have improved performance but I have managed to grind and sculpt about 2-3mm out of the walls and smooth out all the imperfections and casting marks which has got to be more efficient than the standard set up and I will be matching the inlet manifold to suit aswell all to compliment the C&B cams (y)

Well it's now official - Enzo is SORN'ed and it's insurance will expire in the middle of June. The renewal notice just came through today as it goes and it was £550 :eek: and if you factor in the tax that would have been due at the end of this month (£285) I have just saved the best part of £800. It's no wonder that people are selling these cars for a song. Fortunately selling my beloved Enzo is not on the cards just yet :)

So for the duration of the year luigi is going to be my daily transport so fingers crossed he'll behave himself :D

OUCH..!!:( perfect excuse to get it all done though.. eh,

Two-pot FIAT power all the way :slayer:

charlie

Back