04110.JPG

Stilo Enzo, my shumey GP.

Introduction

now i've finally got some decent photos of Enzo which don't have my house in the background, i can now show my him off in all his glory! ........so here he is, a 2006 stilo schumacher GP, number 186. He's almost standard only for a few areas. The suspension been further lowerd with Ebach springs, 8mm spacers at the rear, 5mm at the front, red stuff front and rear pads, goodridge braided brake hoses, a GSR induction pipe, and a momo duke gear knob.
standard power for this car is 170BHP, however, being an ex-forum members car, i do have photographic evidence of it running at 204BHP due to a re-map but can't comform that it is still running this modifcation......booooooo:p

my to do list is as follows.... a front strut brace, a K&N cone filter, removal of the 2nd cat and replace with a new system, and sort the tunes out with a new head unit and base bin in the boot.There are no external "mods" in the pipe line

I see you've got an OMP brace up front, have you had a look at these before?

http://www.ultraracing.com.my/Bars.asp?ID=3604

http://www.ultraracing.com.my/Bars.asp?ID=3603

Forgive if I missed something in your thread or you've already got them, but they do look kinda sweeeeeet! :slayer:

I've got both these fitted to my Schumi Mark. Plus the upper front one and the upper rear, which UR list for the new Bravo (which fits just fine).

Personal view, but I would avoid the OMP braces. (1) The front one is a 'split bar' not one-piece (and in any case won't fit the 2.4 without re-siting the ECU) and (2) the upper rear bar you receive isn't the one shown in all the catalogues, it's been 're-designed' and is virtually impossible to fit. Plus the fact that it is mounted on the rubber damper top mounts, so it's about as rigid as a jelly trifle!

I see you've got an OMP brace up front, have you had a look at these before?

http://www.ultraracing.com.my/Bars.asp?ID=3604

http://www.ultraracing.com.my/Bars.asp?ID=3603

Forgive if I missed something in your thread or you've already got them, but they do look kinda sweeeeeet! :slayer:

oh yes mate, i was first made aware of these last year at brooklands when i saw them on perils car, i then saw them on rattys car and they are AWESOME (y) - needless to say there on the list! lol i love them and are in need of them, and i'm hoping to have a full set - including the bravo upper one as recommended by peril - this year! :)

Personal view, but I would avoid the OMP braces. (1) The front one is a 'split bar' not one-piece (and in any case won't fit the 2.4 without re-siting the ECU) and (2) the upper rear bar you receive isn't the one shown in all the catalogues, it's been 're-designed' and is virtually impossible to fit. Plus the fact that it is mounted on the rubber damper top mounts, so it's about as rigid as a jelly trifle!

if you hav'nt yet fitted braces then a full set (4) of ultras is deffinatly the way to go, as peril says no adustment needed plus on the 2.4 you don't have to move the ECU. i only fitted an OMP one as the previous owner had one fitted so left all the bolt holes ready for me to fit my own (y) plus, i kinda perfer red over white :D

oh yes mate, i was first made aware of these last year at brooklands when i saw them on perils car, i then saw them on rattys car and they are AWESOME (y) - needless to say there on the list! lol i love them and are in need of them, and i'm hoping to have a full set - including the bravo upper one as recommended by peril - this year! :)

if you hav'nt yet fitted braces then a full set (4) of ultras is deffinatly the way to go, as peril says no adustment needed plus on the 2.4 you don't have to move the ECU. i only fitted an OMP one as the previous owner had one fitted so left all the bolt holes ready for me to fit my own (y) plus, i kinda perfer red over white :D

Look forward to seeing pics when Enzo has them fitted (y)

Isn't there a way you could just remove the rubber bushings from the strut tops to allow a more rigid fit?

I would purchase OMP front and rear straut braces but I fear I'd get slated for wasting money on a 1.2 lmao

Last edited:
Isn't there a way you could just remove the rubber bushings from the strut tops to allow a more rigid fit?

As I said before, avoid OMP, the later design of the upper rear is virtually impossible to fit to the Stilo. And no, you can't remove the rubber bush, it's integral to the correct fit and operation of the rear damper.

well it was a cold one today, but i braved the near sub zero temprature to start building the frame to mount the amps. i've decided to mount them on the N/S of the boot where the old sub woofer was, using the old bolt holes to locate the new frame which was made using some old lengths of angle iron bent and welded up. looks a little bit clumsey but it does the trick and will be covered by MDF and finished in cloth so should look ok. i'm also gonna fit a power point just above the amp house while i'm wiring it up. fiat have conveintly left me a hole ready to fit one, and i may also fit some blue LEDs to the boot light.................. i need to start thinking of the head unit now

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    681.5 KB · Views: 65
well took advantage of the nice weather and finished off my boot build............ sort of, just waiting on the head unit, but i've finished off my amp house, and wired it all up ready, and BOY WHAT A JOB THAT WAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:. i've done a few boot builds in the past but i've never had to take so much of the interior apart to get one wire to the battery! i removed the rear seats, sill trim, glove box, upper glove box/cd changer and airbag disable switch then had to find somewhere to thread the wire...... if i ever sell the car, i'll be leaving it in i think?

Attachments

• 001 (2).jpg
    001 (2).jpg
    597.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    658.5 KB · Views: 89
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    687.4 KB · Views: 54
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    464.2 KB · Views: 35
Hey Gadge :)

Man that is some tidy work there mate, you certainly have a nack for tinkering that is for sure, absolutely nice job there mate (y)

You mentioned that you are looking for an aftermarket head unit, i do not have one but I do still have my old stilo fascia and you are more than welcome to have it for free mate.

Anyways bud, when we meet over the summer, if you want the fascia you are more than welcome to have it, keep up the good work and see you soon.

cheers for the kind offer mate, but i got one on the way, i'm getting it with the head unit
smile.gif
, i also took delivery of "project fat head!" - a second hand 2.4 stilo head which i'm planning to rebuild, gas flow and and fit with fast road cams...... this will be a long term thing as cams are alittle on the pricey side
biggrin.gif

the eagle eyed will have noticed the non stilo alloy cam cover which is gonna get polished up to the nines! mmmmmmm
yummy.gif

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    494.9 KB · Views: 76
Back