General Engine review

Currently reading:
General Engine review

Benstarz

Hello,
First time poster here…
I’m looking to possibly purchase a 2018 Ducato 2.5 Motorhome..
Just like to hear if people think these are a good reliable engine/transmission?
Thank you for any help…

Hello,
First time poster here…
I’m looking to possibly purchase a 2018 Ducato 2.5 Motorhome..
Just like to hear if people think these are a good reliable engine/transmission?
Thank you for any help…
The Fiat / Iveco 8140.47 2.5 litre engine was withdrawn in 1998.
Perhaps you are enquiring about the 2.3 litre multijet, which was available in two power ratings with type numbers F1AE3481D for 130 multijet, and F1AE3481E for the 150 multijet.

or possibly the twin egr model
September 2016 to September 2019. Euro 6 2287 cc F1AGL411D Twin EGR 130
The M40 gearbox in the 150,180 and all comformatics is regarded as a strong box the 130 version a bit more fragile.
Each generation of ducato engine has had its little quirks but generaly reliable the PSA engines have a rediculous history of Adblue issues i can see why Fiat went with their own designs on the new 2.2 . Ps i'm still running a twin egr model.
The real problems were poor programming especialy regen which caused excessive temperature durring regen cracking the DPF leading to blocked LPegr cooler. durring this period injectors were also knakered.(6 software versions from first to march 2019) The biggest problems waiting to be bought will be low mileage (<30,000miles that have never seen a Fiat pro dealer service. If looking at one i would insist on using alfaobd or Multiecuscan and checking the ecu version V028 manual or V032 comfortmatic OK. Keeping injectors clean is important if last owner has used additives or top fuel id be happy. If you have a twin egr and want to know the best way to avoid problems ask. Although this is a well known and expensive problem to put right there are an aweful lot of vans without any problems.

Back