Technical Engine noise + engine light on :/

Currently reading:
Technical Engine noise + engine light on :/

Keep in mind that WD40 and rubber don't go well together. So don't use WD40 on rubber parts you'd like to have a long and happy life.

gr J

Drive belts and a small spray of wd40 to check for quieting - ie belt noise - will cause no issues at all. Wd 40 is safe to use on rubber - its one of those things that does the rounds on the emptynet;)
From wd40 website -
What surfaces or materials are OK to use WD-40 Multi-Use Product on?

WD-40 Multi-Use Product can be used on just about everything. It is safe to use on metal, rubber, wood and plastic. It can also be applied to painted metal surfaces without harming the paint. Polycarbonate and clear polystyrene plastic are among the few surfaces on which to avoid using a petroleum-based product like WD-40 Multi-Use Product.

thanks for the input guys,

the alternator is fine, I've checked that over with a battery tester.
I have booked it in for monday. I'm too busy with mini to be bothering with it, in all honesty. It needs an oil change too. as the oil filter is leaking and I'm loosing oil which is gay and i might change the trans oil as well while I'm there. my coolant goes down quicker than any other car I've had and so it the oil. could this be related?

thanks for the input guys,

the alternator is fine, I've checked that over with a battery tester.
I have booked it in for monday. I'm too busy with mini to be bothering with it, in all honesty. It needs an oil change too. as the oil filter is leaking and I'm loosing oil which is gay and i might change the trans oil as well while I'm there. my coolant goes down quicker than any other car I've had and so it the oil. could this be related?
Yes it could very well be related. You could well have a head gasket fault. That can often cause fluid loss and unusual noises.
Anyways. Best thing is what you are doing, getting it in for checks.
I am sure they will sort it. best of luck with it. Hope its not too expensive.

Back