Technical Cannot open engine Bonnet

Currently reading:
Technical Cannot open engine Bonnet

Went to open the bonnet and it felt like the cable had broken.
Took off the handle and cable is not snapped but it still will not open.
I'm assuming ir something with the catch in the engine bay.
Any ideas on how to open the bonnet from outside without destroying the car?

Thanks, Dave

Attachments

• 17125113338757876525144498307473.jpg
    17125113338757876525144498307473.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 34
They normally just stick

You need someone in the car to pull the release lever, while you try levering up and push down

Fingers crossed it will eventually pop up similar to the start of this video

There are other options, but this is an easy first step

Funnily enough my Suzuki Alto has just done this, cleaned and greased , should be good for another 20 years

They normally just stick

You need someone in the car to pull the release lever, while you try levering up and push down

Fingers crossed it will eventually pop up similar to the start of this video

There are other options, but this is an easy first step

Funnily enough my Suzuki Alto has just done this, cleaned and greased , should be good for another 20 years

I had tried this but unfortunately no luck.
My issue is a bit different, the cable does not pull, it is loose as if completely pulled out already.
I had my son push, bang and pull as best he could on the bonnet while I attempted to pull a bit, but no good.

Sorry to hear that the easy option isn't going to work

Do you have access to axle stands, ramps or pit
I do have access to ramps and an 04 Panda sitting beside it with the bonnet open.
We had a look at how to go about it from underneath but nothing instantly came to mind.
Will have a deeper investigation tomorrow when the rage subsidies.
Could smash off the Grille and unbolt the lock mechanism but would like to avoid any damage if possible.

I do have access to ramps and an 04 Panda sitting beside it with the bonnet open.
We had a look at how to go about it from underneath but nothing instantly came to mind.
Will have a deeper investigation tomorrow when the rage subsidies.
Could smash off the Grille and unbolt the lock mechanism but would like to avoid any damage if possible.
Post 5 in the link I posted not work

It's worked for others ?

Eventually!!! the rain stopped long enough for me to have a look at the opening mechanism on the spare car - see photo. Actually looks handy. This is a little below the actual catch which is why I didn't see it first time.
Put the problematic car up on ramps to get under and get at the mechanism, found it handy enough and feeling around to "see" where to lever and I was able to open it with my fingers. I'm going to take that as a rare win. 😁

Attachments

• 20240410_152150.jpg
    20240410_152150.jpg
    687.5 KB · Views: 10
Back