Technical Electrical window driver side

Currently reading:
Technical Electrical window driver side

Pulled my switch out and no loose plugs as far as I can tell. Mine hasn't done it that much. Just the once today when I kept pressing it to see if it would do it. Funny you should mention the water as mine started after I jet washed it and i suppose potentially water could have dripped onto the switch once I opened the door to get in. Ill keep an eye on mine and see what happens

Right! I think im gonna have to book mine in for this window problem. Twice today it refused to open. The 1st time i tried to send the window further down when it was half way open. Instead it went up no matter which way i pushed the switch. When it reached fully closed it refused to open forcing me to use the air con. The 2nd time it was already closed and it just refused to open. I was at some traffic light so i turned off the ignition and turned it on again and the window started working. No good if im on the motorway tho! I just hope the dealer see's it as it is still intermittent but today was really annoying :mad:

Since my last post I had it once that it went up when pressing down when I was testing it a couple of times going up and down. For the rest it is still working. Also I made sure that there didn't get any water in the switchpanel so who knows...

Goodluck at the dealer and please let us know how it went.(y)

I will do. Im dreading it actually, I dont want anything to happen to me baby whilst she's out of my sight. Mine has been ok for a while now but yesterday was the worst its ever been. Im starting to think it may be a software fault because when the iginition was turned off then on again it corrected itself.

Ive just booked it in on the 21/08/06. They need it all day so hopefully they will cure the problem. :eek: Ill let you know

Right the window now seems to be fixed. Dropped it off at 8.30 this morn. Got a call at about 11 to say it was fixed. Got in the car, tried the window and it still seemed to get confused about up or down. :bang: The technician came out and told me to turn the ignition on without the engine running. put the window down without releasing the switch. Hold the switch in the down position for approx 15 secs. Send the window up without releasing switch and hold it there for 15 secs. This tells the window where the highests and lowest points are (It probably says to do this in the handowners manual but i never read it :rolleyes: ). Touch wood its fine now. He said if it reoccurs they will replace the switch as this has the control module for the switch in it.

If the problem reoccurs on yours dial NL give this procedure a try. (Over weekend mine had got really bad and the window just wouldnt go down but this seems to have cured it)

So pretty good service really from the dealer. They didnt even have the car a whole day and they had cleaned it outside and in. Nice touch!!

dgable said:
Right the window now seems to be fixed. Dropped it off at 8.30 this morn. Got a call at about 11 to say it was fixed. Got in the car, tried the window and it still seemed to get confused about up or down. :bang: The technician came out and told me to turn the ignition on without the engine running. put the window down without releasing the switch. Hold the switch in the down position for approx 15 secs. Send the window up without releasing switch and hold it there for 15 secs. This tells the window where the highests and lowest points are (It probably says to do this in the handowners manual but i never read it :rolleyes: ). Touch wood its fine now. He said if it reoccurs they will replace the switch as this has the control module for the switch in it.

If the problem reoccurs on yours dial NL give this procedure a try. (Over weekend mine had got really bad and the window just wouldnt go down but this seems to have cured it)

So pretty good service really from the dealer. They didnt even have the car a whole day and they had cleaned it outside and in. Nice touch!!

In a way good news but what I don't understand is that they call you it's fixed and when you try it it didn't work. I presume they did the same procedure with the 15 sec. etc. so why it failed again? I don't want to give you a bad feeling it's just a little strange.;) Anyway, I hope it will keep working like mine (touching wood like it's my girlfriend) :p

I didn't have it no more (touching it again) since I've been keeping the switches dry. But if I get it back I will sure try it. I also spoke to FIAT The Netherlands about it and they said it can be a glitch because the windows are connected to the computer as well.

Goodluck with it and if anything changes please let me know.(y)

Right our GP Sporting is at our local Fiat Dealership at the moment with this exact fault.

Unfortunately we didn't get it back today as they have had to order a new window switch assembly. This is a known fault to Fiat.

Just to clarify, the windows are controlled by an ECU :D

Thanks Ill keep an eye on mine so far its been fine altho it had a twitch the other day. If it goes again Ill ask for a new switch (y)

dgable said:
Thanks Ill keep an eye on mine so far its been fine altho it had a twitch the other day. If it goes again Ill ask for a new switch (y)
Thats how ours started, then when it was half way down I press down and it went up. Basically it got worse from there!!

Adametz G said:
Thats how ours started, then when it was half way down I press down and it went up. Basically it got worse from there!!

Mine also got worse but after a while the problem just dissapeared. Maybe a startup issue?:D

Adametz G said:
Right our GP Sporting is at our local Fiat Dealership at the moment with this exact fault.

Unfortunately we didn't get it back today as they have had to order a new window switch assembly. This is a known fault to Fiat.

Just to clarify, the windows are controlled by an ECU :D

Right been on the phone with the dealer and the part is now on back order!!!

SO I have to take back this crappy little Panda the 25 mile(50+miles if I come from work!!) journey to pick up my lovely sporting, only to have travel all the way back again when they finally get the part in!!! :bang:

Looks like it is definitely a common problem

Sorry peeps but I stand by my claim.

It was under powered, the seats were uncomfortable and it has the aerodynamics of a house brick (n)

I do apologise to all the new Panda owners, but it just my opinion

Nath

Well my window went wrong again even after constantly doing the reset. Took it back to the dealers and they have fitted a switch from one of their loan cars. It doesnt have the autoclose but they have asked me to test it for a week and if there are no problems they will order me a sporting window switch which I guess has the auto up/down. I have to say im impressed with the service Ive had from the dealers so far as I knew the reset they were going to do wouldnt work but to fit a switch from one of their loaners made the inconvenience worthwile. By the way since they fitted the switch, the window has worked fine so far (y)

dgable said:
Well my window went wrong again even after constantly doing the reset. Took it back to the dealers and they have fitted a switch from one of their loan cars. It doesnt have the autoclose but they have asked me to test it for a week and if there are no problems they will order me a sporting window switch which I guess has the auto up/down. I have to say im impressed with the service Ive had from the dealers so far as I knew the reset they were going to do wouldnt work but to fit a switch from one of their loaners made the inconvenience worthwile. By the way since they fitted the switch, the window has worked fine so far (y)

Don't all the GP's have the same switch?:eek:

I dont know. They just told me the switch they puit in doesnt have the one touch open/close whereas mine did. I might try the reset and see if it returns the one touch facility or whether it doesnt have it on the swith they fitted. It looks the same tho.

Also got this on my 56 plate 1.9 Sporting guys, just over 3k miles first problem I had, except for the inner wheel arch retaining screw on thingys... going missing,.... build quality huh? New dawn,? confidence shaking... anyways... I did and got a reply within hours promising support.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see someone replied to this thread mentioning the "anti-trap hall effect kit"?

My window is playing up and when i (foolishly) thought I would help the window down when it would open just a bit it nearly had my fingers off!!

Now I DID press Down, but the window wanted to go up! So could the anti-trap kit have failed and be jamming the window hard into the top frame?

Back