Technical Electrical Problem

Currently reading:
Technical Electrical Problem

Joemorris

Hi, my Doplo 1.2 has just developed a fault. When I put my foot on the brake pedal the side lights, panel illumination lights, lights on warning light all come on. The radio also plays up and there is a slight buzzing noise seems to come from the dash board. There was also a buzzing noise coming from the rear, I think is is from the tow bar indicator buzzer box. I can see no wires shortening or and broken wires.Any ideas anybody.
Thanks

Does your Doblo have the lift up tailgate? If so, check the wires inside the cable that goes between the rear body and the tailgate. I had similar problems and found 4 broken wires with some of them touching each other. Mine were damaged where the thick cable enters the tailgate.

Have a look in the archive as a bunch of people have had problems with the chassis earth strap corroding internally and leading to all sorts of electrical Gremlins

Hi, my Doplo 1.2 has just developed a fault. When I put my foot on the brake pedal the side lights, panel illumination lights, lights on warning light all come on. The radio also plays up and there is a slight buzzing noise seems to come from the dash board. There was also a buzzing noise coming from the rear, I think is is from the tow bar indicator buzzer box. I can see no wires shortening or and broken wires.Any ideas anybody.
Thanks

Hi,

almost certainly an earth issue,
worth cleaning the contacts on the light clusters 1st, then checking for damage,

the trailer repeater could well be triggered by the same earth fault, that is lighting the indicator bulbs,
let us know what you find..,
Charlie

Hi, thanks for the reply, already checked the light conections and put new bulbs in but have found that if I lift the rear door up all is OK so will ckeck that out when it stops raining.

Back