Technical Bizarre electrical problem

Currently reading:
Technical Bizarre electrical problem

Lewisevans777

Really weird 2004 Doblo 1.9 JTD - which I bought recently and really love! I am getting a buzzing relay, the sidelights won't switch off and the only way I can stop the buzzing is to switch the rear wiper on (which then doesn't work). The odd thing is that this has been happening for a few days now, but each time I leave it overnight, everything is fine by the time I start it again in the morning. Then it happens again after I have driven it for a while! I am wondering if it may be wiring chafing in the steering column, or simply bad connections that could be sorted with a good high pressure air clean. Any thoughts?

Really weird 2004 Doblo 1.9 JTD - which I bought recently and really love! I am getting a buzzing relay, the sidelights won't switch off and the only way I can stop the buzzing is to switch the rear wiper on (which then doesn't work). The odd thing is that this has been happening for a few days now, but each time I leave it overnight, everything is fine by the time I start it again in the morning. Then it happens again after I have driven it for a while! I am wondering if it may be wiring chafing in the steering column, or simply bad connections that could be sorted with a good high pressure air clean. Any thoughts?
It does sound like a dodgy wiring issue possible in the tail gate hinge area causing a back feed.
If you pull the buzzing relay out I assume the lights go out, if so first try another relay, if that doesn't work check with a volt meter to see if the trigger side of the relay is still getting a feed holding it on , whether from a fault in the wiring, a switch or what ever will need to be located.
Either way I wouldn't leave it on overnight as it could cause a wiring fire.

It does sound like a dodgy wiring issue possible in the tail gate hinge area causing a back feed.
If you pull the buzzing relay out I assume the lights go out, if so first try another relay, if that doesn't work check with a volt meter to see if the trigger side of the relay is still getting a feed holding it on , whether from a fault in the wiring, a switch or what ever will need to be located.
Either way I wouldn't leave it on overnight as it could cause a wiring fire.
Thank you for the swift reply! Don't worry, I don't leave it on at night! Thanks also for the advice. I will check it out as you suggested. I hadn't thought of the tailgate wiring, but that does make perfect sense to me. I notice the heated rear window doesn't work either, so there could indeed be an issue there. Much appreciated!

Thank you for the swift reply! Don't worry, I don't leave it on at night! Thanks also for the advice. I will check it out as you suggested. I hadn't thought of the tailgate wiring, but that does make perfect sense to me. I notice the heated rear window doesn't work either, so there could indeed be an issue there. Much appreciated!
If it is in the wiring at the hinge behind the rubber gaiter you may need to remove the side panel to push enough slack into the wiring to work on it.

Back