Technical EGR fault

Currently reading:
Technical EGR fault

Neilkelly

Hi all, I have a fiat doblo cargo 1.3 diesel 2013.
I have changed the EGR valve because the original one was stuck open. Now I have trouble starting it ( it starts then cuts out, then on around the forth go it runs ok) and a flat spot every now and again. If I unplug the egr valve then it starts first time and runs faultlessly.
Can anyone help on this matter and is it ok to just leave it unplugged even though the engine management light is on?
Thanks, Neil

Won’t hurt it leaving it unplugged but not really the solution. Was it a cheap Ebay special EGR or a known make? Only problem i can think of leaving it unplugged other than the engine light is if it affects the DPF system e.g when it regenerates etc.

Won’t hurt it leaving it unplugged but not really the solution. Was it a cheap Ebay special EGR or a known make? Only problem i can think of leaving it unplugged other than the engine light is if it affects the DPF system e.g when it regenerates etc.
I bought it from LDS motor factors, it was £175. It did come with a leaflet instructions stating that it had to be paired with the ECU. I took the van to the local garage and they said they hadn’t heard of that before.

Back