Tuning Easy horse power

Currently reading:
Tuning Easy horse power

GoPedal changes the signal curve, so the car does respond more quickly -- simply mashing the pedal harder doesn't give the same result.

Sure it's overpriced, but so are most car-related things. They charge what the market can bear. And I definitely wouldn't put my trust in a makeshift electronic throttle mod that I cobbled together myself :D

You're wrong though, I you were right then this would be worthwhile, but you're not and it isn't.

The throttle body can only ever be 100% open and this will not make it open any quicker, all it does is open the throttle more at lower pedal inputs giving the impression that the car is more 'responsive' when you'd get the same result with just putting your foot down further. Anyone wanting to actually drive a car will probably want a more linear throttle response anyway so you can modulate the throttle better.

The brakes on my 500 were horrible out of the factory, the brake pedal was almost an on/off switch. It was very 'responsive' but not conducive to pleasurable driving as you couldn't come to a gentle stop very easily. With different pads it's MUCH better and I can still get the same stopping power, I just have to put my foot down a bit further. The brakes might seem less responsive but the car is 10x better to drive because you can choose exactly how much stopping power you want rather than feeling like you have all or nothing.

The throttle body can only ever be 100% open and this will not make it open any quicker, all it does is open the throttle more at lower pedal inputs giving the impression that the car is more 'responsive' when you'd get the same result with just putting your foot down further.

It seems like we're arguing semantics. I agree now that one can achieve the same result by mashing the pedal down further. It's just a matter of how much you need to press the pedal down, and that can change the feel quite dramatically. That's why the GoPedal and those other mods have different presets as well.

Each to their own. Some people think it's snake oil and a complete waste of money, other people quite like the different "feel" of the pedal.

Regarding the brakes, I found the brakes on my 500C more responsive and sensitive than what I was used to on the Corolla and Yaris. I quite like it this way, but I realise it's personal preference. (y)

It seems like we're arguing semantics. I agree now that one can achieve the same result by mashing the pedal down further. It's just a matter of how much you need to press the pedal down, and that can change the feel quite dramatically. That's why the GoPedal and those other mods have different presets as well.

Each to their own. Some people think it's snake oil and a complete waste of money, other people quite like the different "feel" of the pedal.

Regarding the brakes, I found the brakes on my 500C more responsive and sensitive than what I was used to on the Corolla and Yaris. I quite like it this way, but I realise it's personal preference. (y)

And if someone wants to put that on their car then that's their choice. But I have every right to point out that it's pointless and so does UFI without have ridiculous insults. Sadly people like babyferrari choose to get involved for no real reason because of previous issues with other posters and don't actually add anything to the thread.

I disagree strongly with you, but thanks for at least keeping it civil and on topic :)

Thanks Maxi! I got involved because it have had the treatment and it takes all of the fun away. I saw the way it was heading and tried to stop the downward spiral. Shame it looks like I failed!

To be fair, it has been reported multiple times - but this section doesn't have it's own moderator, so it will be left to the supers to decide.

Early days, I have been to the pub on a Friday night, way more fun ....

To be fair, it has been reported multiple times - but this section doesn't have it's own moderator, so it will be left to the supers to decide.

Early days, I have been to the pub on a Friday night, way more fun ....

Ok my bad :) Just annoys me how some people seem to be picky about who they mind being treated disrespectfully and who it's fine to see abused. Like I said, not a dig at moderators, you know I agree with most of what you guys do even if I'm sometimes on the end of an infraction.

Would like to apologise for my outburst here earlier... It was unappropriate and uncalled for... Reguardless of the disagreement for me to resort to name calling was childish... Instead I realize now I should have let the thread simply die... Once again my apologies
Respect to you for coming back and saying that, I wasn't trying to wind you up, just trying to help you save your money and spend it on something that will actually make a difference :)

Back