Technical Ducato exhaust

Currently reading:
Technical Ducato exhaust

aawallet

My Motorhome is based on a ducato 100 multijet 2.2 engine 2010 model. I have had the middle section of the exhaust stolen, which I thought was the catalitic converter. My local garage says it is diesel particulate filter. Does anybody know if this model Ducato uses a DPF.

Cripes thats unbelievable!
Euro 5 came into effect on September 2009 for light commercial vehicles so yours would have DPF I'd imagine and they're bloody expensive. If you were really naughty you could do a dpf delete as its will still pass the MOT.

you are right its sept 2009 for approval of vehicles and january 2011 for registration of vehicles. I know that adria for example had an option for dpf on the 2.3 and 3.0 models.

If yours had an aftermarket dpf there would be sensor wires and probably two tubes hanging around there that would be visible.

Last edited:
2.2 100 does not use a DPF and is dropped from the engine line-up under Euro 5 anyway.
I would guess that you've had this bit (pictures) stolen, which is the catalytic converter.

You have the option of just replacing it with a 'de-cat' pipe as in the 3rd. picture.
Not illegal or an MOT failure to do so, so long as emmisions remain within limits.

Attachments

• P1010224.JPG
    P1010224.JPG
    413.7 KB · Views: 117
  • P1010225.JPG
    P1010225.JPG
    415.9 KB · Views: 128
  • de cat.JPG
    de cat.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
Hi

I've had my cat pinched, same vehicle as yours. Did you find a suitable decat pipe and if you did where from? Regards and thanks

Back