Technical Driveshaft woes!

Currently reading:
Technical Driveshaft woes!

The most rust free car I ever had was a Renault Scenic. It required alot of work getting it reliable but it drove like a magic carpet, I then bought a kia ceed but have 2 cinquecentos as a hobby.
I have had fiats for years, on and off.
My first car was an original fiat 500, 2 cylinder, air cooled, which stuck to the road like 'poo', but finally succumbed to the dreaded tinworm. Replaced it with an original air cooled 126 which again, hugged the road like nothing else. There were 5 of us in it going back and forth to college twice a week. Sadly, it got shunted at a set of traffic lights. I was stationary, sadly, the mini behind me, didn't stop!! Written off, so then got an allegro, which turned out to be the most reliable car I ever had, despite the poor reviews.
When the kids came along I moved to estate cars and tried loads of 'whatever I could afford' ones....
Bought a 126Bis for the wife to potter about in, water cooled, hatchback, great fun, and ended up using it more than she did, another 'stuck like glue' when cornering, like a go kart!!
Bought daughter a cinquecento after she passed her test 15 years ago, she loved it, and it was only swapped for the Punto when she had first child 6 years ago.
I actually swapped my Peugeot 107SW for a multi, which I have now had for several years, and now, just couldn't live without the 6 seats, and the versatility of the seating, plus the flat load bed when seats are out. Which is why I decided to spend the money on clutch/flywheel, as it's in great condition for it's age. Not sure what I'm gonna do when multi finally gives up the ghost though. :rolleyes:
Let's hope it's a while yet, as it's still going strong , (for now!)

Unless you're doing big miles the multi will last years if you keep an eye on things. I'd try and keep a look out for anything that you think you might need and as the saying goes if you have it you'll never need it. Multis getting thin on the ground. Can't see me ever parting with my cinq, particularly the basic s model. Something about it I prefer over the sporting 😏👍🇮🇪

Unless you're doing big miles the multi will last years if you keep an eye on things. I'd try and keep a look out for anything that you think you might need and as the saying goes if you have it you'll never need it. Multis getting thin on the ground. Can't see me ever parting with my cinq, particularly the basic s model. Something about it I prefer over the sporting 😏👍🇮🇪
Trouble there Terry, is I'm a bit of a 'hoarder' anyway, and somewhat loathe to throw stuff away. Shed is full of 'bits' of various items that 'might be useful one day' :censored:.
Had to clear out all those Peugeot 307 bits I had that 'might be useful' when I got rid of it. Have some spare Punto bits stored away, but the law of averages states they won't ever be the bits I actually need!! :D.
Hey-Ho, it's a funny old life!! ;)

And breathe........ :giggle:
Multi passed it's MOT, few advises, but nothing serous.
Lightly misted rear shock, (will probably do both, as easy enough to do both whilst up up on stands.)
Front brakes pads a bit thin, but serviceable, (so might do those as well, hopefully take a chance to look at the discs as well!)
Oil leak, (been like that since I had it, 6 years now!)
Cracked front number plate, but still readable !! :rolleyes:

So, well worth the 'aggro' with the driveshaft, as examiner found no problems with it!!

12 months more, (hopefully trouble free too!!) and some little jobs to occupy my time!! :LOL:

Back