General Drivers of Other Cars Treat us With Contempt

Currently reading:
General Drivers of Other Cars Treat us With Contempt

What does the panda horn sound like? In six months of ownership I don't think i've used it yet.

You could cough louder ;) I used it once on a single track road approaching a blind bend and had my passenger in a fit of giggles :ROFLMAO: I don't bother using it now which is a shame really as Italian drivers seem to love using the horn....

Chris

Last edited:
What does the panda horn sound like? In six months of ownership I don't think i've used it yet.

:eek:, Not used it? Mine's almost used daily!

A little impression of Panda's origional horn, vs the Ford horns now fitted.

Old horn - peeep peeep *cough splatter cough* peeep pooop (OMG this is embarising :shakehead:).

New horn's - HOONNK HOONNK HOOOOOONNNNNNNKKKKKKK (Get off the ****ing road:tosser:) HHOOOOONNNNNNNNKKKKKKKKKKK

lol.

The Panda does seem to attract tailgaters, but even in my 1.2 I generally find I can lose them. Even though it'll lean a bit it does go round roundabouts quicker than most BMWs, Volvos etc. Most just seem to hang on to you at about 40-45 and then don't bother in the 60 limit. If they get really close I can't resist using my badly adjusted windscreen washers just to p**ss them off.
In Italy last week saw lots of blocks driving green, yellow and base white Pandas, so not so much snobbery there. Mind you there all mad and you just go with the flow.

I find this very frequently, best example being on Friday night when a real ____ in a ford focus was really behaving like a prat. People get panda rage, they assume because your in a panda they must overtake you, whether you're breaking the speed limit too or not. On friday, about 10pm, I'll admit I was doing 50 on a 30 dual carriageway (Im stupid, I know), but this guy was so adamant he had to get in front it was dangerous. So I sailed up next to him at some lights, Prodigy blaring on Panda's little but powerful stereo, windows down, and left him at the lights. Ha ha, he's got a diesel. Oh the glee.

Lets just say my panda goes eek, and a ford focus goes beep! Just imagine that its a boy whose voice hasn't broken yet thats the general idea!!! :cool:

People don't expect a Panda to be moving so quickly. I think the stripes on mine p**s other drivers off I'm always getting tailgated by boy racers or cut up by reps in Mondeos.

JON

People don't expect a Panda to be moving so quickly. I think the stripes on mine p**s other drivers off I'm always getting tailgated by boy racers or cut up by reps in Mondeos.

JON

Ah those wonderful Mondeo drivers. Ever since I had my first car written off by a mondeo driver, I've searched in vain for a decent one. I've only ever seen 1 mondeo (old type anyway) without cracked bumpers/duck tape / dints...

What you said sums the panda up - a genuine surprise all round. The horn did indeed surprise me - I have no idea why Fiat thought a clown-style 'Toooooot' would be good. You can toot it at all hours of the night - nobody ever hears it!

Ah those wonderful Mondeo drivers. Ever since I had my first car written off by a mondeo driver, I've searched in vain for a decent one. I've only ever seen 1 mondeo (old type anyway) without cracked bumpers/duck tape / dints...

I traded my Mondeo in for the Panda and the salesman jokingly commented that he'd have believed me if I'd told him it only had half the mileage on. The car was in immaculate showroom condition despite it being 5.5 years old with 88k miles on the clock and being thrashed/enjoyed every day of the time I owned it. Lovely car (y)

Chris

I think I temped fate by saying I hadn't been overtaken in the last six months.

Got overtook yesterday in a national speed (i were doing nearly 60 as it were) by a vauxhall Astra would have been alright if it were a half decent car such as a 100hp :D or a 500 say but an Astra? :p

I traded my Mondeo in for the Panda and the salesman jokingly commented that he'd have believed me if I'd told him it only had half the mileage on. The car was in immaculate showroom condition despite it being 5.5 years old with 88k miles on the clock and being thrashed/enjoyed every day of the time I owned it. Lovely car (y)

Chris

Clearly you dont live in Manchester. I have actually seen one which was immaculate, and you know Kudos when they are, but it does seem that a lot of Mondeo drivers have them as zero-investment run arounds these days. A shame, I loved the mondeo when it first came out, but love does occasionally turn to hate... :cry:

Last edited:
The 4 years I lived in Manchester during my Uni years was enough for me thanks :p

Chris

It seems a 100 is like a red rag to a bull, I try to stick to speed limits yet ****s in 4x4s and old wreckers seem to think if they overtake that makes their car better or faster somehow!!!!!!!! I used to have a similar problem in my old C2VTR.

:devil: new hobby in the 100 hp...annoying chavs in tricked up corsas, you know the ones, only trouble is because of age and insurance it,s a bog standard 1.2 engine.
drop a cog or two, floor it, and history....deep joy.... (y)

Back