General Drag Racing the Panda.

Currently reading:
General Drag Racing the Panda.

What, like this you mean?

itsadrag.jpg

;):):D:ROFLMAO:

Sorry, it's just the idea of a Panda, drag racing :eek:

I've got a few spare bungees, what say we strap one to the roof of a real car?

I'm not sure I'd bother to take a standard 100HP to a drag strip. I've taken a couple of Fiats to Santa Pod. First was a tweaked Strada Abarth 130TC - cams and carbs (those were the days), I'd just changed the original Pirelli P600s for much grippier Goodriches, on the P600s you set the revs at about 3500, dropped the clutch, and let wheelspin take over - on the Goodriches you set the revs at 3500, dropped the clutch, and popped the bushes out of the engine mountings as the wheels didn't spin - lesson learned. The second time was in a very hotted-up Uno turbo ie - really shifted and there were some drivers of huge American V8s looking very bemused when the times were announced.

I assumed when he said drag racing that he was referring to the traffic-light Grand Prix.

The 100hp always seems to attract interest - most will assume it's a Panda in the left lane so they take the right hand lane so they're not held up by the elderly old lady. And few cars get up the nose of fat German diesels like the 100hp taking some exercise on the bypass. Their manhood can only be retianed by passing said Panda.

I assumed when he said drag racing that he was referring to the traffic-light Grand Prix.

The 100hp always seems to attract interest - most will assume it's a Panda in the left lane so they take the right hand lane so they're not held up by the elderly old lady. And few cars get up the nose of fat German diesels like the 100hp taking some exercise on the bypass. Their manhood can only be retianed by passing said Panda.

Yes - good fun isn't it?

few cars get up the nose of fat German diesels like the 100hp taking some exercise on the bypass. Their manhood can only be retianed by passing said Panda.

It's strange isn't it. I get this a lot on my commute. Had an Audi brake test me to a standstill before disappearing in a cloud of smoke and nearly killing an entire family in a desperate move. Bizarre but fairly predictable at the same time.

I guess finding out that your £30k diesel isn't actually that much quicker than a Panda is too hard to take.

It is an odd situation. I had pondered having a sticker saying something like:

"I'm not racing you - it's just that the car enjoys this kind of spirited driving and anyway, if we were coming to a juicy bend I'd leave you for dust cos this sticks to corners like **** to a blanket, whilst you'll be punching your gear lever trying to figure which one to select as your 500 rev sweet spot will either understeer you into hell are have your backend breaking loose as the weight drifts backwards and your underpants enjoy a sweet chocolate kiss"

However - I think the writing would need to be too small.

Hahahaha! That's some funny stuff!

I had the 100HP out on the racetrack on Sunday and was absolutely murdering a fire-breathing Audi S6 in the corners. Clearly it wasn't particularly well-driven, but I can only imagine his surprise at a blue matchbox on wheels looming ever larger in his rearview mirror. Bet you he told all his mates back home how fast he could go in a straight line, but conveniently left out the bit about a Panda dryhumping him round the bends :)

Back