Technical Doors won't open after swapping out driver's door

Currently reading:
Technical Doors won't open after swapping out driver's door

So a big update and hope it's fixed but need to try it.

The passenger door handle was replaced a few weeks ago by en eBay Chinese one and when it was tested, the handle felt fairly stiff and wouldn't pull out all the way. Having now taken it off and tried the locks with just the rod, it works, therefore the handle cannot be pulling the rod fully and releasing the lock. So I am hoping with a replacement handle (again) it fixes it.

I'll update when I've replaced the handle and tested it again. Wish me luck! Thanks for all those that have helped so far and for typecastboy for offering the lock.

Last edited:
Thank you for the offer. I'll get back to you Out of curiosity, changing of the lock appears complicated as it's a large item that really doesn't look like it comes out with ease due to the window regulator. Am I correct?
No it's easy. Release the torx nuts that hold the lock to the side of the door, remove the electrical connection, disconnect the rods and it just pulls out.

This new handle has me stumped. Fixed it but it's still not pulling out anywhere near as much as the driver's side, therefore not unlocking the door. Handle probably pulls out about an inch.

Back