General does a mk1 punto have ABS??

Currently reading:
General does a mk1 punto have ABS??

charlene homer

hello was just wondering if any one knows if a mk1 punto sporting 1.2 has abs as some1 on ebay is saying they have it but its the same car as mine is mine the only punto without it then??? please help if you can or you know thanks

It was an option, and a rarely selected option too, so it is unlikely. Have you ever braked hard and felt a pulsing in the pedal? That is a tell-tale sign of ABS. Also, it you take the wheel off, you should see a wire connected to the wheel hub if it has ABS.

na mine hasnt got abs i just wanted to know as i was scanning through ebay for parts for my car and came across a punto which he said has abs buts its the same as mine and mine hasnt got it??? is lying to try and sell the car then??

My -94 mk1 1.6 cab did have ABS, and I believe most sporting models have ABS as well (but propably an option)

Normally you'll find a black plastic "ABS" part in the engine bay, close to the battery. Or look for the ABS symbol in the instrument panel when turning the ignition key.

mine has power steering
thanks for all your replys its put the lid on things that it prob hasnt got abs cheers x

Back