Doblo Doblo fan heater not working

Currently reading:
Doblo Doblo fan heater not working

El Dioblo

Good Afternoon All, I have a 56 plate Doblo and the fan heater doesn't work. There is a small amount of heat that comes from the vents and windscreen vents but nothing happens from 1-4 on the dial for the fan. There is a small orange light in the control that comes on when pressed in but this is presumably air conditioning which I don't want or need. Can anyone point this completely un-mechanically-minded person in the right direction to solve this? Many thanks.

Hopefully (y)

Wriggling the wiring can sometimes be enough :)

Many thanks, I'll look into this. Ironically it burst into life over the summer and then stopped just as quickly! Which is why I think it might be a loose wire or similar.

I had a similar problem and I unclipped the multi plug connector on the fan itself. seemed to work.

Maybe the coolant thermostat is stuck open/ faulty. If the temperature needle on the dash is low this might be the case. The engine coolant is permanently going to the front radiator so getting too cold.

The short term, quick + dirty work around is just to unscrew the 4 torx screws of the plastic front and insert a large cardboard sheet in front of the rad.

Back