Technical Deep Cycle battery for Duologic GP

Currently reading:
Technical Deep Cycle battery for Duologic GP

wai

GP should comes with a maintenance-free 45Ah battery, and I read that GP's duologic system can go haywire easily when the battery is weak.

I am thinking of getting a deep cycle battery which supposed to be more long lasting, shall I get one with higher capacity (55 or 60Ah?) or I can get a lower rating battery since deep cycle battery has higher cranking current?

What is more crucial to the electric system? voltage or current?

The voltage will remain the same 12v normaly and about 14v when the alternator is running. If you do alot of short journeys or have added extra audio equipment to the car such as a sub then i would be useful to have a battery that has a higher amp hour rating. When you look at the battery it will say 550 CCA this is the maximum cold cranking amps your battery can exert, this is differant to AH. If a battery is 45 AH that is amp hour, the battery will give out 45 amps for a an hour before it is empty asuming it isn't being charged.

• Thanks
Reactions: wai
is it the voltage or current which will give problem to the electronics in the car?

wonder if the technical different of a deep cycle batt will solve this problem?

currently i am seeing "gear unavailable - check transmission" error only in the morning.

deep cycle battery supposed to be able to hold the charge better...but i am not sure if the voltage is the same as normal battery

Everything you ever wanted to know about batteries, but were too afraid to ask... http://batteryuniversity.com/ Halfords are pretty much unbeatable price wise for a quality battery as long as it is purchased with their trade card. Just last week, I bought a new battery for my M-I-L's 7-year-old Micra, after the OE battery failed. Retail price was, £68. Cost me just £38 out the door with the trade discount and including 20% VAT. And what is it with Fiat still using a battery retaining strap? No-one does that anymore and hasn't for decades, unless it's a PTW. But I guess it works so who am I to argue the toss... Sorted GP

Last edited:
Back