Technical Dashboard,steering,dead

Currently reading:
Technical Dashboard,steering,dead

motornews

Hi there
I have a grande Punto 2014 1,3 tjet
My dashboard when I turn the ignition on lights for 2-3 seconds and then nothing.
The car is starting normally.
Also the steering doesn't work,only makes a noise when I steer (had it changed by myself same numbers).
Had the ECU and BCU changed also ( after the flooding).(After the change the car started and runs nice.
Earths and connections all cleaned and dried.
Any advice.

Have you checked the condition of the battery itself, most steering problems with these & many other Fiats nowadays is most of the time usually down to the battery as the electric dual drive power steering requires a lot of juice from the battery to work efficiently so when the battery starts to fail you'll notice it in the steering, I had a problem with the steering on my Panda (which has the same system) about 3 years ago & a new battery cured the issue

Have you checked the condition of the battery itself, most steering problems with these & many other Fiats nowadays is most of the time usually down to the battery as the electric dual drive power steering requires a lot of juice from the battery to work efficiently so when the battery starts to fail you'll notice it in the steering, I had a problem with the steering on my Panda (which has the same system) about 3 years ago & a new battery cured the issue
The battery is new,checked it yesterday at 13,4 after a test. Another strange thing,a male connector red cable,comes from the back of the car,and stops in my left side (LSD) down under the side plastics...

Back