Technical Dashboard Failure

Currently reading:
Technical Dashboard Failure

AndyKay

Hi guys

I'm having trouble with my dashboard... none of the dials (speedo, revs, etc) are working, no lights at all, not even backlight when headlights on, and nothing on the LCD screen.

A week or so ago, the mileometer froze for about 50-60 miles then started working again, and the clock has reset a few times recently. Then the whole thing went off while I was driving, and the dials froze where they were.

I have checked all the fuses, connection rear of dashboard and connections on fuse boxes and computer under stearing wheel, all were ok. I tested for voltage to the connection on back of dashboard, showing 12 volts so assumed i must need a replacement instrument cluster / speedo head. I got one from scrap yard and gave it a go, but same problem.

The airbag light is the only light that comes on, and usually stays on but not always. The main beam light illuminates very dimly too, when the ignition is off.

Any ideas as to what may cause this and what i can do?

Thanks

ok, will give this a go, thank you.

What actually is it i'm looking for here, does the earth have a seperate connection somewhere?

An earth is (ususally) a black wire with a ring crimped on the end and bolted to the body panel. The wire has probably snapped/fallen off.

Andykay, I'm having the same problem as you have. Did you found the earth connection, and did it fix the problem?

Back