Technical Corkys Sporting is BACKKKK!!!!

Currently reading:
Technical Corkys Sporting is BACKKKK!!!!

corky

Mk2 Punto Sporting 1.2
Hi guys posted a thread up about 3-4 weeks car was playing up we couldn't get to the bottom of what it was decided to strip all the engine and replace EVERYTHING

Headgasket, thermostat, water pump, belt and tensioner, oil, filters etc

Put a new fan belt on today as you can see how cracked it was then I dropped the oil and changed the filter took her for a little drive and Jesus... She can shift so much responsive and quicker! Couldn't of done this without oldhammer and Connah a gruelling 3 days in the rain I shall pop up and pay a visit the sporting is BACKKKKK!!!!

ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1409584864.703423.jpgImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1409584878.078820.jpgImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1409584887.778005.jpg

Last edited:
Took it out with dad couldnt believe the response from the pedal never like that before there is a few noises here and there but i guess it all has settle down! (y)

Mine was abeit 'ticky/tappy for a bit
then it level'd off,
iguess them hydraulic tappets(*buckets) need abit of time to build oil back up,

My injectors have gone abeit 'ticky'. supermarket fuel iguess,
iwill get some fuel treatment soon and see if it helps,

Hahaha you read my mind that is exactly what i am going to do next although i was going to do both track rod ends, and sort that dent out on the side just had a test run on the motorway i cant believe it its never drove like that before its soooo much better and responds to a T its brilliant...

I like the sound of that.. Remap now that sounds good! Would not mind doing that to be honest how much would a remap cost on the Sporting?

I'got mine done ages ago,
carnt rember how much ipaid, ithink it was about 80 -90 quid
some dude recomended him,he came out and mapped it ,

iwill see if ican dig out his number,

Mpg seem'd to improve and abit more power ,
not massive gains realy,
i still look for the 7th gear sometimes, :eek:

What do you mean by completely dead.
A click and won't turn over or it just turns over and won't start..

Check battery connections..
If its just turning over and no start after changing fan belt..check crank sensor or check ..pip is in right place if you've removed ..pulley wheel when changing fan belt..

Hahaha you read my mind that is exactly what i am going to do next although i was going to do both track rod ends, and sort that dent out on the side just had a test run on the motorway i cant believe it its never drove like that before its soooo much better and responds to a T its brilliant...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkzV9Uv6Zcw

Looks like decent pick up -- just noticed that you were going 80 and your revs were 3500, my revs nearly hit that at 75..4000 at 80,

Hope all keeps going well :thumbup:

Yeah ooops that was joining onto the motorway that thought I'd just give it a bit see what it can do I'm really impressed with it it's ridiculous how much it's changed

Hahaha as imagined looked under the bonnet this morning and look at this hahahaha

Oops. :nono:

So easily done, though.... :eek:

Anyway: at least it was a loose connection that was easy to find. You should see my poor old 750L at the moment... -- although it looks (famous last words) like it's the ignition switch that's failed on that. We shall see.... :(

Back