General Is this a jacking point ?

Currently reading:
General Is this a jacking point ?

my previous post shows the rusting i discovered, I've found several more points that will need welding. The whole area around this jacking point thing was rusted through and needs welding so I've cut the area out and will attempt to weld it myself. Just slightly unsure of what this is and I'm abit worried if it's a jacking point as i don't know if I have that much faith in my welds holding 🤣🤣 thanks
20240309_163355.jpg

When Fiat (or any company) build cars they often use jigs like this to support the car,
IMG_2763.jpeg

the shape of the jig and it’s attachment to the overhead rail allows it to turn the car through 90° so that workers can stand and work on the bottom of the car.

The bracket shown in the middle of the picture is one of the attachment points for the jig, in theory it could be used as a jacking point but you could find also that if you try to Jack on it, that it could bend or deform the metal. It is far more sensible to use the jacking points in the sill or use the subframe to lift the car

When Fiat (or any company) build cars they often use jigs like this to support the car,
View attachment 440053

the shape of the jig and it’s attachment to the overhead rail allows it to turn the car through 90° so that workers can stand and work on the bottom of the car.

The bracket shown in the middle of the picture is one of the attachment points for the jig, in theory it could be used as a jacking point but you could find also that if you try to Jack on it, that it could bend or deform the metal. It is far more sensible to use the jacking points in the sill or use the subframe to lift the car
I see, thanks alot for that info Andy. That makes sense the floor metal is quite thin and wouldn't ever try to Jack on it but didn't quite know what else it would be for. Now i can not worry about the welds being perfect 👍🏽

Back