Technical Coolant leak 1.9 JTD 120bhp

Currently reading:
Technical Coolant leak 1.9 JTD 120bhp

trekkingnut

Hi, Just purchased a 2006 Doblo camper with 102k on clock and it has sat idle for a few months. When I removed the battery to charge it in the garage, I noticed the tell tail signs of pink deposits on the r/h side of the engine near the battery box but nothing `wet`. Is the thermostat housing on that side of the engine as there is something with pipes attached to it that looks like a housing? - could just be an old pipe so wondering if it is a common place to leak and what the suspect cause is?

thanks

If it's the same as mine 52 plate 1.9jtd then yes, the thermostat is next to the battery box.

It is a nightmare to change let's hope you've got a leaking pipe not a faulty thermostat. They're also quite pricey and should come with the temp sensor etc, they're an unit and don't have a housing.

Attached to it is the egr cooler which needs removing first which is fun, not.

In front of the battery box is the air filter housings.

If it's the same as mine 52 plate 1.9jtd then yes, the thermostat is next to the battery box.

It is a nightmare to change let's hope you've got a leaking pipe not a faulty thermostat. They're also quite pricey and should come with the temp sensor etc, they're an unit and don't have a housing.

Attached to it is the egr cooler which needs removing first which is fun, not.

In front of the battery box is the air filter housings.
Hi, Thanks for reply and info. I have had it serviced and the belt been done with new water pump. Not impressed with garage though as no communication, `estimate` went up by £150, mechanic moaned about the vehicle and saying it was all corroded (body/sills all good - axle/subframe/springs/engine support bar etc are corroded but not rotten and just need a clean up apart from rear brake drums as nipples seized and front discs not screwed to hubs as been snapped off as rusted. Hub threads corroded so new hubs required) and also they did not change the coolant and when I got home it was below minimum mark. They made a comment about a coolant weep from l/h side of cylinder head but I see nothing at all on either side (l/h side = passenger side where stat is). Trying to get an explanation has proved impossible but I was left worried about head gasket issue or worse. Hope to get answers on Monday as cannot see anything leaking anywhere. I put endescope down the side and reckon the sensor plug in part of housing was where there had been a small weep . I forgot I can take photos with it so will try it again. Filter housing is such a dumb design too and very fiddly to replace air filter due to tiny headed bolt head screw near grille (I removed it to see if it had been done as had garages not replace them before but still charge)

Back