General Error code p0380 and start up issues Fiat doblo 1.9 jtd diesel

Currently reading:
General Error code p0380 and start up issues Fiat doblo 1.9 jtd diesel

Kelsey Lawrence

I've suddenly had start up issues with my fiat doblo.

It turns over but hasn't got enough guts to get going. This has lead to me breaking down once , got taken to a garage who checked everything over and found no faults. They left it a day and half and it started up first time and proceeded with checks.

I have since plugged the doblo into a computer and had the code p0380 plate heating / thermostat relay come up. Checked all four glow plugs with a multimeter and they were testing as mega ohms so open circuit and dead.

It's now done the same thing again, turning over but not starting or cuts out. notably I haven't used it in three days and it's been very wet but not too cold. Is it definitely glow plugs or could it still be the relay? Darent book it in to spend more money on a 170k mile vehicle if it isn't the correct issue.

When you say "checked all four glow plugs mega ohms so open circuit and dead" do you mean you have replaced them?
On your heater plug circuit does the relay supply to individual heater plugs making it easier to test them or did you have to disconnect each heater plug terminal to test.
You also say "not starting or cuts out" generally once diesel started and revved a few times it will keep going regardless of the heater plugs so unlikely to cut out then.
Often with faulty heater plugs it will crank over maybe with some white smoke smelling of unburnt diesel, then if it fires up may be uneven for a bit until revved up a bit to settle it down.
What does yours do?

Back