Technical Condensation in Rear Light Cluster

Currently reading:
Technical Condensation in Rear Light Cluster

I bet it's split in the same place as mine in that rubber tube in top left hand corner of boot. Wouldn't fancy changing whole pipe from bottle to rear washer, as it travels along head liner and down A pillars, also it's taped in cloth loom tape, rather you than me tbh mate.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread - I am pleased to say that the problem is now sorted.

I did replace the tube from the top rear brake light to an accessible location just behind the rear seats. I only undid the loom and removed the old pipe around the flexi- connector between car and tailgate where space is tight. Elsewhere I left the old pipe in position and ran the new one alongside. Threading it through was not as difficult as I expected.

Andy has commented how the old pipe is very hard and inflexible. This was not what I found in the region of the top brake light. However I then found that after a couple of inches the softer pipe was joined to a harder pipe. Well at least that gave me a connector to use...

As expected the region of damage was in the vicinity of the flexi connector. An obvious weak point, particularly when a hard pipe, containing frozen screenwash is flexed when opening the boot during the recent weather.

So thanks again for your assistance,

Andrew56

Read this thread and made me wonder if I had the same issue as recently the rear washer did'nt provide as much screenwash as normal.
The left rear light contains wather.
That's the same side as the flexi hose for the washer?

Maybe anyone made pictures while fixing this?
Would be a great help(y)

Ok, would be a great help!
Checked mine today and it's pooring out the hole were the wires go through.
Still wondering how you guy's got to the tubing.
removed panels on the inside of the car I guess?

Ok, would be a great help!
Checked mine today and it's pooring out the hole were the wires go through.
Still wondering how you guy's got to the tubing.
removed panels on the inside of the car I guess?

In my case I

1. Removed top rear brake light - to get to end of tubing at washer jet.

2. Carefully pulled out "flexi-connector" between car and tailgate to get access to loom, which I unwrapped for a short distance to remove broken pipe.

3. Removed trim above/around rear seat belt anchorage. (2 screws and carefully prising the trim out where it is held with clips).

Take care when cutting the tube - some of the electrical cables in the loom are black and not much smaller than the tubing. Although I was fairly confident I would be cutting the right one, I did prick it first and saw liquid running out confirming it was the right one!

Andrew56

Back