General Colour Coding my GP

Currently reading:
General Colour Coding my GP

gandhimate

Hi all, A quick update on my GP's colour coding thus far.

Not a big update but I'm very proud of how she's looking as as of today!

I have removed the side rubbing strips, and polished out the residual line they left as best I can, painted the wing mirror covers to match the body colour, and finally changed the door handles to some I found on eBay!

For someone who is a complete novice to cars, I'm proud of the work I have done, and I think these subtle changes make a huge difference bringing my GP a little more up to date.

I'm very keen for the car to remain as 'OEM' as possible and not look too modified (it's a 1.2 punto at the end of the day) but I may lower the car on some Eibach's this year and pick up some darker headlights.

Anyone also have any experience with fitting 17's from a T-Jet onto a 1.2? Will this make my car much slower or affect the speedo at all?

Here's a before and after (let me know your thoughts (y)):
1ivTQhi.jpg

Cheers as always!

Looks good (y)

T-Jet wheels will be about 1.5% larger in diameter with stock tyres and will make the Speedo read a little higher but only by about 1 mph at 70mph.

They will be a bit heavier so may adversely affect acceleration. You may be better looking at 16" for a 1.2.

Cheers

Ben

Not quite true Ben,

the bigger wheels will do less turns for a mile so will run slower for a given speed. The gearbox and engine will run slower aswell and the ECU will tell the speedo to display LOWER speed ...

BRs, Bernie

Thanks for the replies guys!

I may just leave my wheels on then in that case (was holding out on buying tyres) if they will make noticeable downgrades to the cars performance...

... T-Jet alloys look soo good though :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Not sure it will be that noticeable (if any), You can mount various tyres size on a given Wheel in order to get the same circumference (distance for one turn), and the weight is nothing compared to the car's total inertia.
More Wheel, less rubber: You'll feel the car more 'direct' ...

BRs, Bernie

17 inch fiat standard alloys running 205/45/17 tyres will maintain a standard'ish rolling curcumference.
i have run them on my 1.2 and seen them on a 900cc twin air

Back