clock cant keep up with the time

Currently reading:
clock cant keep up with the time

durukan

did anyone realised that after syncing the clock with the time of your mobile phone, about 3-4 months later clock on the dash falls behind 4-5 minutes. and i'm sure it's not my mobile because it stays exactly the same with the time on my computer. i realised that twice since i bought the car, i sync it every month now, still falling behind 1-2 mins in a month. :(

Mine is always behind about 1 minute/week of my daily syncronized mobile phone. I usually start every monday with setting the clock in the car.

I thought I was going mad haha mine does exactly the same dash clock is always 5 mins behind when I plug my phone in, noticed the otherday when it matched the clock on my mob at start up, check the time leaving the car and dash clock was 5 mins slow

so should i be happy with my 500? :)

You should. ;)

I'm not an electrician, but I guess this problem occurs with every car. I think the clock is taking a few second nap every time the car is not running (real life 1 second is equivalent to about 1.5 seconds when the car is turned off, using battery only). I’m sure there is a smarter forum member around here who can shed some light on this, before we all die here of curiosity. :D

I've noticed the same thing with my B&M Tomtom unit. It's set to sync the time with my Evo but the Tomtom unit is always adrift by 1 minute to the clock on the dashboard. I'm going to disable the bluetooth sync for the clock to see what happens.

I'm surprised that they didn't design the system so that Blue&Me can update the system clock from the FM RDS signal.

Back