CLEMO - Fiat Main Dealer in Bradford M606

Currently reading:
CLEMO - Fiat Main Dealer in Bradford M606

godzilla252

Never ever ever goto the parts dept in this garage! I went today to see if i could get some replacement dials for my barchetta and had to wait 30min for a "parts expert" to see me as no one there seems to even know what my car is! all except for this wonderfull expert that took one look at it and said "ohhhh its left hand drive isnt it? we dont deal with imports" ... i then had to explain at length to him that ALL barchetta's are left hand drive import or otherwise! Finally he decided to go look for the part i wanted, he vanished for another 10 min or so then came back with his mate who started messing with his pc, this guy could bearly walk upright let alone use a computer! Then, after messing with his PC for another 20min he said "nowt on computa fo dat car mate soz!" :mad: It was like a scene from Little Britian - "Computer sez noooooooo" All in all i waited well over an hour for something that should have taken less then a miniute to find out!

The moral of the story is, if you need parts DO NOT GO HERE - you are unlikely to leave with anything except for increased blood pressure! (n)

In Clemos defence, they have not been a Fiat dealer long and they don't have the know-how of those with more experience, still that's no excuse for what you had to put up with.

I'm not sure where the next nearest Fiat dealer is, so I just go armed with the part number I need! See if you can get a copy of the ePER to save future heart problems.

well serten people on the net do CD of car parts if you can get one of them well you be lafing buddy or go to the main people at fiat to see if you can get one aka miss out the middle man or better still look at the scrap yards are really good bragin but dont forget if you do get one from scrap yards there not garnteed and not more sterdy and new ones :) :D (y) :devil:

well, before i moved i lived less than a mile from clemo.
infact, when they were rover, they were about 10yrds from my door...

anyways, I go there, and normally get sorted, but it takes a little savvy on my side and a lot of persistence. they quoted me 85£ for the knackered side panel on my stilo, the second trip (when i had money) saw it being £12...

they aren't that bad.

this is the 1st time id been to the parts desk, i dont know, maybe i went on a day when all the clowns were working but they really should sort out their customer service and maybe educate their staff a bit! waiting an hour and getting nowhere is really annoying, they just couldn't be bothered! I know their a newish garage but there's no excuse for that.

Problem is fiat dealers are few and far between now, the next closest is dixons in leeds, or the small one in halifax. :cry:

I think best thing is to be armed with the part number from one of those cd's from ebay (good idea kick ass) hopefully they should have enough brains between them to find the part with the correct number......... i might be wrong though :shakehead

godzilla252 said:
this is the 1st time id been to the parts desk, i dont know, maybe i went on a day when all the clowns were working but they really should sort out their customer service and maybe educate their staff a bit!

Might of been a stand in as regular guy was off,or maybe he was new & getting to learn the 'ropes' etc..could be loads of reasons.Eper isn't exactly the best system in the world to be honest as even with a sigi it is often a case of 'well could be one of 3 parts' so you just order one & hope for the best.

Not aimed at you this next comment ok 'godzilla' but people are endlessly mouthing off how bad Fiat dealers are then with this poor reputation (wether deserved or not) around their neck they go out of business (or change to another make) then people moan about where all the Fiat dealers have gone:confused:

T14086 said:
Not aimed at you this next comment ok 'godzilla' but people are endlessly mouthing off how bad Fiat dealers are then with this poor reputation (wether deserved or not) around their neck they go out of business (or change to another make) then people moan about where all the Fiat dealers have gone:confused:
its a fair point and to be honest the sunwin fiat dealer that was in bradford (now renault) was quite good when i use to go there, and at the time i had a rusty Regata and parts were scarse but they always managed to help me.

Clemo isnt totally a fiat dealer, i think they also do daihatsu and ford or something but the service i got that day from them was terrible and if they behave that way with everyone, they shouldnt have the franchise... i wont be going back! ...After all they ARE trying to sell a product and its the customers that keep them in business. Its like, imagine you went into your local McDonalds and you loved cheesburgers but as soon as the guy behind the counter gave you one he opened it and spat in it.... would you go back? would anyone? extreme example i know, but the point im making is a business can (and should) only work if the customers are happy with the product or service! Sadly since a lot of people have had poor expirences with fiat dealers they tend not to go back, and not only avoid the dealer but also the product (i wont be avoiding the product coz theres nothing better then a fiat :p but non enthusiasts might!)

:bang: If Sunwin Fiat in Bradford were as bad as Sunwin Fiat in Crosshills (now also Renault) or Sunwin Nissan in Keighley were I bought my Primera previous to the Stilo I have now then its a good job they are no longer Fiat dealers.......both useless, unhelpful and never had parts needed in stock,(n) always came away in foul mood after going there

I had a lot of dealings with Clemo years ago when they were a Rover dealer.
To be honest, I always found them first rate.
I am no longer near that area, but its great to see they survived the collapse of Rover.
Why not try to support them in their tranfer to Fiat?
I would be very surprised if they did not turn out to be as good with support for Fiat owners as they were with Rover.
My new Rover bought from them was riddled with build faults. One of the windows fell straight into the bottom of the door when first wound down.
But not their fault and they were really great and supportive beyond the warranty period.

I've always got my FIAT bits from Clemo. I've always found them very knowledgable and rapid with supply. Cheaper than other local FIAT parts dealers too. Next local FIAT parts are the parts dept below Perrys Vauxhall in Hudds and Evans Halshaw in Leeds.

Clemo's sales dept let themselves down though for me when i went there 3 weeks ago to TD a GP and they had put their sporting on service courtesy car so i couldnt TD it for a week. Without saying, I went elsewhere.

Ive found the parts department really good. when they couldnt locate a part on their system they took me through and let me on their computer to search myself. Even if they didnt have them in they got them delivered within a 2 days.

On Monday took my car for an M.O.T I was told wrongly it was £30 incl V.A.T when it was £52 when it was time to pay they said £52 but I mentioned I was told it was £30 he remebered their mistake and only charged me the £30.

So from me its (y) (y) (y)

I posted this about a year ago, and dont like to admit it but i have been back since then, (simply because there doesnt seem to be any more fiat dealers local to me, they have all become Renault or Kia etc) and the girl who served me what very good! ..... so maybe I caught them on an off day or just was unlucky to find an idiot working there at that time.....

shame that it seems to be the only Fiat dealer for miles around though.....:(

Have you tried GGB off wakefield road? There great, have most fiat parts in stock (if not, they'll probly order you it) and its often slightly cheaper too.

Yes! I've been going there for years, they really are great! (y) when i need a part I usually check there and then andrew page which is just round the corner, but sometimes neither of them stock the parts you need (more so with the barchetta) so its fiat only :(

Yes! I've been going there for years, they really are great! (y) when i need a part I usually check there and then andrew page which is just round the corner, but sometimes neither of them stock the parts you need (more so with the barchetta) so its fiat only :(
Anybody got a number for these?
I tried the number on the web and it said they've stopped trading:mad:

well unless it only happened this week, its all lies cos i was there last week (y)

There located on Rutland St, just off Wakefield Road, Bradford (BD4 7EA if your using satnav... dont know the number but its only a short street and its the first building on the right as you come off Wakefield road.)

01274 733727

VERY highly recommended! Cheap, quick, quality goods and they know there stuff. I ALWAYS go there before anywhere else these days.

well unless it only happened this week, its all lies cos i was there last week (y)

There located on Rutland St, just off Wakefield Road, Bradford (BD4 7EA if your using satnav... dont know the number but its only a short street and its the first building on the right as you come off Wakefield road.)

01274 733727

VERY highly recommended! Cheap, quick, quality goods and they know there stuff. I ALWAYS go there before anywhere else these days.
Thanks for that.(y)
However, no joy, they don't have springs for the 2.4:bang:

Back