General Cinq Wouldn't Start This Morning

Currently reading:
General Cinq Wouldn't Start This Morning

Well no surprise the little girl wouldn't start today she has not turned a wheel for the last three and a half weeks.

Went up to her pressed the remote and a pitiful little squeak came from the alarm and the doors remained firmly locked (blanking off the door locks was not a good idea I thought at this point :eek: ).

Thing is of course it's not a quick job to try and charge the battery or jump start it, because as soon as you fit a strut brace you can't get to both battery terminals anymore, and of course the live terminal is the one buried in the bulkhead

So......... tonight I will be climbing under the car to open the bonnet (scratching my arm to F**K in the process I guess as I try and squeeze it past the SS manifold) Then once I get the bonnet open removing the strut brace unhooking the battery, removing it and putting it on charge finally closing the bonnet again. Then tomorrow removing more skin off my arm to reopen the bonnet and refitting the battery and strut brace.

Curse these bloody modified cars who'd have one:mad:

That's is not good... this is a fear of mine, especially as I've got some kind of electrical problem so the battery slowly discharges, so I've relocked my boot & am going to move my battery into the boot before getting a strut brace.

If you're in a situation where you can't relocate the battery you could always rig up a remote positive terminal that you can use to jump start the car in future.

Well turns out that after 24 hours on charge the battery still will not hold charge for more than a coupe of hours even when not connected to the car so it looks like it's new battery time

months of driving with a buggered alternator have obvoiusly eventually taken it's toll and I suspect that the car is only on it's second battey in in 9 years after looking through the receipts

never mind it's only money (just wish i had some in the bank :cry: )

Back