Currently reading:
General christmas for Chii

ok, update time :)

new toys:

battery tray:
battery_tray.jpg

UT front calipers and new master cylinder
brake_bits.jpg

puntoGT rear caliper mount plate (ta rallycinq)
gt_caliper_plate.jpg

oil catch tank
catch_tank.jpg

shiny radius arms
new_arms.jpg

most of the battery wiring is done now. replaced the alternator cabling whilst i was at it.

ve_wiring_grom.jpg

new_ve_wiring.jpg

new_ve_wire.jpg

pulled the exhaust manifold and found a crack ( i knew i should've got the flexy done sooner..)
crack_ss.jpg

pulled the head off
head.jpg

and this is how the engine bay looks at the moment.
10_12_06_bay.jpg

J333EVO said:
do the Punto GT rear mounts fit on a Cinq to allow the rears to be fitted?

No, the centre bore is too wee and only two of the mounting bolts line up. I have suggested to Mark that he attaches the Punto mount to a back plate and then gets a machine shop to make up brackets from there.

Cheers

D

J333EVO said:
6mm spacers to fit inside UT brake discs in envelope on my livingroom floor to be posted tomorrow on my day off.

Aaron.

PS do the Punto GT rear mounts fit on a Cinq to allow the rears to be fitted?

cheers :)

they need modding. rallycinq sent me the gt plate so i can get the spacing etc right. need to mod the drum mount bit / make a new one. but the gt calipers will fit as the ut / gt setup is what rallycinq uses on his car.

Excellent, we were going to make our own brackets for the Sei as it is going to run a Punto GT set up front and rear once the 1368cc 16V is in place as its also going to run 15" wheels to suit the 6 speed Stilo gearbox as it came with 16" wheela as standard, keeps the ratios nice.

Did see a pic on here ages ago (maybe from Greek owner) of what looked like UT calliper brackets only the 2 calliper bolt holes were sapced out about 10mm to allow fitment of the GT brakes.

dug out that pic, its a photoshop of a design and is not suitable for make a plate from. was talk of a cad drawing of it, will let you know what i find.

arc said:
dug out that pic, its a photoshop of a design and is not suitable for make a plate from. was talk of a cad drawing of it, will let you know what i find.

This is deffo another thread to watch very closely :p You know how to call if you need anythign else fab'd or machined, with fab i can do that quicker as i dont need to find free machine time :p

Jordan

A&R Jordan said:
This is deffo another thread to watch very closely :p You know how to call if you need anythign else fab'd or machined, with fab i can do that quicker as i dont need to find free machine time :p

Jordan

i'm compiling a list, once i figure out all the custom parts i need - i'll be sending you a pm (y)

Got lots of car stuff to do aint we arc, theres yours in bits, my smart is in bit... and we need them all back together by Feb, so we can then really brainstorm on my Rover 220 coupe.

Thats gonna be a scary step up, but still be playing with the little cars, there more fun!

Phoenix3dfx225 said:
Got lots of car stuff to do aint we arc, theres yours in bits, my smart is in bit... and we need them all back together by Feb, so we can then really brainstorm on my Rover 220 coupe.

Thats gonna be a scary step up, but still be playing with the little cars, there more fun!

Kinda scary I know...Im driving a 5 door Tipo for a bit whilst I sort the Cinq out. Pity is, I like it...lots :eek: (y)

kritip said:
Lots of nice bits :) Those richcinq's rear arms?

Is it an uprated ie. punto master cylinder to match the calipers then?

Looking good :D

Kristian

mckrichs arms. the master cylinder is a standard cinq one, but a nice new one :)

as viv has mentioned, his car is in pieces at mo - attached picture is what his looked like the other day (engine and gearbag now removed from subframe and been stripped)

Attachments

• smart_engine (Medium).jpg
    smart_engine (Medium).jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 58
arc said:
mckrichs arms. the master cylinder is a standard cinq one, but a nice new one :)

as viv has mentioned, his car is in pieces at mo - attached picture is what his looked like the other day (engine and gearbag now removed from subframe and been stripped)

5 stud wheels on a Smart??

Cheers

D

Back