General christmas for Chii

Currently reading:
General christmas for Chii

arc said:
and then empty the car

and look at all the stuff that came out of it!

more_things.jpg

The phrase is everything but the kitchen sink, but you managed to remove a fridge/freezer, a microwave and half a bottle of WKD. :D

loving it arc was already impressed with your cinq project so far as its quite a little sleeper but i think the multipoint injection will be a nice touch and one part where i did notice the difference between my cinq sporting and my arosa as the cinq sporting was nearly as quick yet the arosa is a hell of a lot smoother at doing it and the megasquirt will be the icing on the cake for your engine but if you dont mind me asking why are you using a megasquirt aftermarket mappable system as i though the standard 1242 MPI ecu was totally useable and mapable? :confused:

any more plans for it apart from the engine and battery move? are you keeping the interior striped?

wayne

The younger modder said:
but if you dont mind me asking why are you using a megasquirt aftermarket mappable system as i though the standard 1242 MPI ecu was totally useable and mapable? :confused:

any more plans for it apart from the engine and battery move? are you keeping the interior striped?

wayne

to use the standard mpi ecu, i'd have to had found an uncoded punto75 ecu or used the keys from a coded one. It would but suitable to running a standard engine, and my engine aint standard. The standard ecu is mappable, but not easily and therefore expensive to do. Ultimately it would need bodging to allow me to run boost eventually. And would def need mapping again after that.

Megasquirt on the other, much better ECU. A lot more features, like boost control, water injection, dual tables, knock sensor etc etc and i have a wideband lambda controller to help it out.

Other plans, new rear radius arms and powerflex bushes, new front wishbones, UT front calipers, GT rear calipers, and any other bits i spot on the way!

Interiror is not staying stripped.

I wouldnt use welding wire if I were you...Its not rated for continuous duty at high current i understand.

A typical Welder will run at 50-80% duty cycle at 130A ish...not 100% Duty Cycle at that current.....

ive ordered battery wire.

welding wire would be fine though, it wouldnt be under continous load - most load is when starting the car, and that'd be it.

arc said:
to use the standard mpi ecu, i'd have to had found an uncoded punto75 ecu or used the keys from a coded one. It would but suitable to running a standard engine, and my engine aint standard. The standard ecu is mappable, but not easily and therefore expensive to do. Ultimately it would need bodging to allow me to run boost eventually. And would def need mapping again after that.

Megasquirt on the other, much better ECU. A lot more features, like boost control, water injection, dual tables, knock sensor etc etc and i have a wideband lambda controller to help it out.

Other plans, new rear radius arms and powerflex bushes, new front wishbones, UT front calipers, GT rear calipers, and any other bits i spot on the way!

Interiror is not staying stripped.

i totally understand how good the megasquirt kits are but correct me if im wrong but your talking the close end of £800? and i thought the standard ecu was better than it is obviously so i understand why your using the megasquirt now:) there highly recomended on the forums and theres a couple of projects on clublupo using them (throttle bodied Gti for example :yum: )

Are you planing to turbo it in the near future then? and whats the current spec and rough power once these current mods are done?

good luck with it arc

wayne

i will ultimately be turboing this car, but not till its finished n/a tuning wise.

with the new ECU, MPI etc on i am aiming for around 110bhp.

megsquirt ecu can be had, fully built and tested for the happier side of £300 (y)

thats the approx price of them, you'd have to do your own wiring regardless of what ECU you bought. Setting it up will be the fun part! We're quite lucky in that all the required sensors etc are all already in place.

also, some UT calipers turned up today :D

Last edited:
is there any issues fitting the GT to the rears, those calipers haven't turned up yet - for UT rears i was going to use UT hubs - for the GT's, should i be looking for GT hubs?

Back