• no

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Halifax

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Natwest

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
I am with both Santander (from v v young originally Abbey) and Barclays

I hate Santander, but lots of DD come from that account and I cannot be bothered to look into swapping stuff, closing down accounts is a nightmare as well and I would need to pay off overdraft first.

Example of Santanders imcompatance I had two payments come out on the same day, 1 took me over drawn (Yes I know my own fault and I learnt a bit more money management due to this) but as they both came out at the same time they charged me two fees (£25 and £35 overdrawn by about £3 I think), they then complained when I rightly phoned up and asked wtf..... (I got one refunded)

Barclays I have a current account that I pay for (£5 a month) but this then has a host of extra goodies attached to it, for example I get "free" phone insurance, travel insurance and a load of other bits. (Own an iPhone the normal insurance is £15 a month so it pays for itself) Some banks now even pay you to have an account with them! - shop around it will be worth it but it will depend on your circumstances to who you can bank with (branch locations etc)

I swap lots of money between the two and generally use both and restrict spending with one.

All banks will generally welcome you with open arms and will give you stuff as you are "giving" them your money, they will if they are any good have a switching service and they will sort out all of your direct debits and anything like that as it is in their best interest to do so.

Nationwide are offering to do it all for you and if they can't they will give you £100.

That's pretty cool, I've read that they are the most secure bank to deal with as well in terms of card fraud and online banking (which is good considering the recent news about MitB attacks).

was listening to the clydsdale thing on radio Leeds today. quite a coincidence
I dont have many D D lucky, its all the internet accounts like pay pal what will do my nut in

Nationwide are offering to do it all for you and if they can't they will give you £100.

That's pretty cool, I've read that they are the most secure bank to deal with as well in terms of card fraud and online banking (which is good considering the recent news about MitB attacks).

I was with nationwide, but a couple of years ago they cut a load of branches including my local one, which was 10mins walk from home and 5 from college, now my nearest one is 40mins drive away (n) they were really good when I was with them though

Post code lottery will play a part on how your local branch's service, on any bank. As which bank, it's down to personal choice & how much wonga you have. As this thread unfolds, different experiences, good/bad with most banks.

I'm with Sandander & RBS with no problems, in fact very pleased. The wife & I are quite comfortable, so the banks tend to fall over themselves. Bottom line, if you run your money affairs on the edge, generally speaking banks will hit you when they can, after all it's a business.

Been with both Barclays and Natwest for both current and business accounts also mortgage with Natwest. Would not touch either with a barge pole especially NatWest, currently got a complaint against NatWest through Ombudsman. They are in my opinion the worst bank for service advice and customer care on the high street. Been with Halifax for 12 months now and would not go anywhere else now.

NatWest are the pits!!!!!!!!

Ends Sun: Free £125, top customer service, 0% overdraft, 8% linked savings. (Min salary £23,100) Sign up to First Direct's* 1st Account until Sun via this MoneySup link you'll get £125 cash after 4 mths (£100 after Sun). It's topped every service poll we've ever done, has a 0% overdraft up to £250 & linked 8% regular savings.
Ends Sun: Free £130, 0% overdraft, 5% interest, 5% linked savings. (Min salary £14,200) Santander* gives £100 cash after 14 wks and until Sun a £30 Amazon voucher (via this link). In year one, it's got a 0% overdraft and 5% in-credit interest on up to £2,500 and a 5% linked Regular Saver. Yet it's bottom in every service poll.
The other hot deals. Until a week Sun, the Halifax Reward ( £14,200 salary) gives £100 bonus plus £5 each month. Never go overdrawn though or it's £1 a day. New and existing Nationwide* FlexAccount customers ( £9,800 salary) get free European travel insurance (up to age 75).

from http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/banking/compare-best-bank-accounts

Back