Technical Changing Instrument Panel LEDs

Currently reading:
Technical Changing Instrument Panel LEDs

exactly....but i may be going to the body shop 1st :(

some nasty **** drove into my n/s rear, gouged and scratched it and of course left no note :mad::mad:

Dont worry about it. I woke up 2 weeks ago, drove to the post office before work, and noticed when i got out the car some had driven into my rear panel + rear bumper ( never found out where or when). Id only had the new bumper on 2 weeks!! was ever so slightly P****D off! so the car was bk in the body shop last week for the day to get that sort. now its finally ready for the show next week!

well, just gone into body shop near work.

£300 for:
- both rear quarters repaired (one recent damage, other one got dented/scratched by bin men who gave me £100 towards it)
- getting my b pillars sprayed gloss black
- bonnet resprayed because orange peel was getting annoying
- wing mirrors re-sprayed (lots of stone chips)

not a bad price in my books....

well, just gone into body shop near work.

£300 for:
- both rear quarters repaired (one recent damage, other one got dented/scratched by bin men who gave me £100 towards it)
- getting my b pillars sprayed gloss black
- bonnet resprayed because orange peel was getting annoying
- wing mirrors re-sprayed (lots of stone chips)

not a bad price in my books....

providing you know what kind of quality of work the body shop does, that's a good price!

I lot of my mates used the body shop i use now before me so i had a look at all their cars before i took mine in. if your sure they do a decent job, go for it.

ive used him before, he doesn't do haggling, but is susceptible to me adding in bits "for free" :D

his work is excellent, so I'm happy paying him, will be getting it back today....also LED's arrived! will get cracking this weekend.

i reckon ill do the window control and the menu panel on the right first to get used the the LEDs. then do the cluster.....the only thing thats bugging me is the ASR and CITY buttons....how do i get to there LEDs....

I did all mine the other day :) done the light cluster buttons on the roof too :) ill post pictures tonight, the city and asr are screwed in with 2 Phillips screws, you have to take the side panel off in the passenger foot well, then try get a screwdriver in from underneath the buttons, its a right pain to do but looks sooooo good when its done, but yeah ill post some photos tonight :D

I've used the ones that were linked in the thread, I've gone for the white, it looks so so so much better, completely transforms the look of the car, but yeah ill get some pictures up tonight, if your going to do the ones in the light buttons on the roof the leds are smaller than the other ones, they're glued on too, but still managed to do it :) I still can't get over how nice it looks :D haha

Yeah they still fit, there weren't any problems with it, just giving you a heads up lol, and these are the ones I used

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Flexible-LED-...al_Components_Supplies_ET&hash=item43a59d286a

I have done everything except for the dials, I will be doing them tonight, because I ran out and had to order more haha, altogether doing all the leds I used 26, that's including the heater buttons, the 2 buttons under the heater knobs, yours may have 3 buttons but mine has 2 and then a blank one, and including the buttons on the lights on the roof, front and back :)

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
ahh thanks for the heads up. I should be ok then i bought 100 :D for future, they are much cheaper if you dont buy them on that strip PCB, but get them blister packaged.....got my 100 for £7 odd

nah ive only got 2 buttons, only the autos have 3, the thrid is a gearbox mode button.

how did you dismantle the lights on the roof? that looks a bit mind bending...no obvious screws....

Haha oh well, I've got them now :) lol, okay, if you feel inside where you put your sunglasses there are 2 little bits that you can push in to release the sunglasses holder, then it slides out towards the back of the car, after that's off there a 2 T25 torx screws, undo those then pull it down from the roof, then unclip the 2 looms, then get a screw driver and unclip the middle section ( you'll know what I mean when you open it all up ) then your in :) and the back cluster slides and pulls down, it pulls out towards the front of the car, it is quite stiff and may feel like you might break it, I feel like that everytime lol, but I've taken it out plenty of times and never snapped anything on it, but be careful :) haha, and that is the same as the front one once you've got it out, hope you can understand that lol, its hard to explain :) oh and there are no screws on the back cluster, if you want tonight I can take some photos or a video of how to dismantled it if you want? And post them in here?

Yep bang on (y) you say your doing yours over the weekend? Yeah keep an eye of the thread later on the evening for the pics of mine, ill upload the dials pictures too :)

2img0169.jpg

Sunglasses holder, i forgot to take a photo of the rear light cluster :(

2img0331.jpg

Wide shot with my foot well light on

2img0326.jpg

City and ASR buttons, the ASR button alos is white, but forgot to take a photo of it :)

2img0308.jpg

Dials ( The writing on the LCD screen is ALOT clearer than that in person, but the camera couldn't pick up the writing very well, but you get the idea :)

2img0263.jpg

The window control LEDS are on but i think there is a little too much light on them from the lamppost to see them :p

2img0261.jpg

The "Other" LED control bit :)

2img0177.jpg

This has nothing to do with LEDS but thought i'd put it on considering all the other pictures show the carbon fiber stuff :)

2img0174.jpg

And again with this, this is the surround front the selespeed i believe, i managed to snipe one on ebay one day :) was £5 and then i carbon fiber wrapped it like the other stuff :)

I'm relining the roof, and pillars and pretty much all the cream with black / grey, the seats are going black / grey also, and getting some buckets for the front, and everything is going to have subtle yellow detailing :) so the carbon fiber will fit in even better when that theme starts coming together :)

Hope you like :D

Last edited:
I agree, the lights look awesome, love this kinda stuff but will wait till i get some time off work to even attempt doing mine. The Vibe tweeters also looks sweet with the carbon-fibre wrap.

I'd pay one of you guys to do that to my stilo but my missus has a baby on the way and i don't think she'd appreciate me spending money on "changing lights that already work fine..." She has no idea!!!

problem.....:( i changed the LEDs in the passenger door, the interior lights, ASR and CITY buttons and the lights, computer, dim, mode panel. but the panel on the drivers door only the mirror LEDs work, the widow and the lock LEDs dont.....i thought OK i put them in backwards (i hadn't) so i checked the LEDs....they all work when tested, but in situ they don't light up....i had a spare window panel so i tried changing the LEDs on this one.....SAME THING HAPPENED....can anybody shed some light???

Back