Technical Changing Instrument Panel LEDs

Currently reading:
Technical Changing Instrument Panel LEDs

There's about 30 capacitors on each of these boards. most of them no bigger than a pin head. I'd never be able to wrap all them in foil. I'll keep searching, trying to narrow down the area to press on.

I should have specified, its only the elcrtolytic caps that need insulating, the little surface mounted ones are fine, just like the other components, all safe to 10mins @ 250deg C

@hussein
Ask me questions.

I'll tell Turkish​

Ok

- What ratings (brightness, voltage, size) are, or any specific information on the LED's used?
- How did you change the backlight colour on the LCD? can you describe the process?

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Im thinking of getting a new soldering iron for this job,as my old one is a bit nackered.

Does anyone know of a decent one that would be good for soldering on such a small part? Are there special ones i can get that have really small tips on them?

not really about the size of tip (it is to a point, nothing bigger than 2mm, pref 1mm)....go for a good brand, if you can afford a weller TCP one they are the best ones without going temperature controlled solder station etc etc....
id suggest somehting like this:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WELLER-15-WATT-230-VOLTS-SOLDERING-IRON-SP15L-FINE-TIP-/120661839278?pt=UK_Home_Garden_PowerTools_SM&hash=item1c18018dae

i started soldering on one of these that my dad bought maybe 20 years ago! (obv looked different) but it only gave up about 3 years ago....itll be ideal for SMD work...

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
not really about the size of tip (it is to a point, nothing bigger than 2mm, pref 1mm)....go for a good brand, if you can afford a weller TCP one they are the best ones without going temperature controlled solder station etc etc....
id suggest somehting like this:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WELLER-15-WATT-230-VOLTS-SOLDERING-IRON-SP15L-FINE-TIP-/120661839278?pt=UK_Home_Garden_PowerTools_SM&hash=item1c18018dae

i started soldering on one of these that my dad bought maybe 20 years ago! (obv looked different) but it only gave up about 3 years ago....itll be ideal for SMD work...

I've taken your word one this and I've ordered one. cheers mzhussein. Im looking forward to receiving the SMD bulbs and the soldering iron now, and get cracking!

Back