Technical central locking problem

Currently reading:
Technical central locking problem

gavcook

hi guys in need of some help.
i have just purchased a 2003 punto 5dr active and the central locking isn,t working i can lock drivers door with no response from the other doors. if i lock the passenger door all doors lock then unlock a few seconds later.

any guidance with this would be great as its starting to become pretty tedious now.

thanks

hi guys in need of some help.
i have just purchased a 2003 punto 5dr active and the central locking isn,t working i can lock drivers door with no response from the other doors. if i lock the passenger door all doors lock then unlock a few seconds later.

any guidance with this would be great as its starting to become pretty tedious now.

thanks

Sounds like the drivers door central locking actuator with built in three way switch is faulty or there is a wiring problem for that door. It would be normal for the doors to unlock if one door cannot be detected to be locked.

http://www.northwestcarparts.co.uk/Fiat-Punto-Active-central-locking-door-motor-drivers-front

For the price you might as well get that unit and check the wiring at the same time you take the door card off to investigate

Central locking is fuse 38 in the passenger fuse box.

Thanks i will get that ordered and will check wiring too. Thanks for the help very much appreciated.
Will removing the fuse turn it to manual locking. Just to be safe as dont want it unlocking when i leave it.

Back