Technical Punto 2b central locking

Currently reading:
Technical Punto 2b central locking

Stfakdj

Hi, so i installed remote locking, its working but i have to press unlock/lock button twice to unlock/lock it, also when i lock/unlock manualy drivers/passinger door, other doors wont lock/unlock?

That doesn't sound right at all. Did you have central locking as standard and have fitted a remote system or have you installed motors to the locks as well?

I had factory central locking, and I bought a module from AliExpress that I connected.

Attachments

• 1696862414543.png
    1696862414543.png
    236.3 KB · Views: 35
I hope this helps
Edit: on those wires(green-purple and yellow-green) is connected aliexpress module. Delphi diagnostic shows error "Door lock, no symptoms".

Attachments

• 20231009_164559.mp4
    11.1 MB
  • 20231009_164638.mp4
    6.1 MB
  • 20231009_164712.mp4
    5.3 MB
  • 20231009_165114.jpg
    20231009_165114.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 56
  • 20231008_110917.jpg
    20231008_110917.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Hi, so i installed remote locking, its working but i have to press unlock/lock button twice to unlock/lock it, also when i lock/unlock manualy drivers/passinger door, other doors wont lock/unlock?
OK so your car had central locking without remote. So it should from the factory lock/unlock all the doors when the key is used. Have you tested that without the aliexpress device fitted?

are you operating the central locking via the motor or via the door lock/unlock wires on terminals 3 and 4?

If you leave one door open then when you lock the doors they should immediately automatically unlock. Does that work?

Last edited:
I tried without aliexpres module, its same, My doors do unlocks automaticaly if one door is open. Also when i use probe tester(one end on ground) and touch pins on module for unlock/lock, my car unlock and lock immediately?

16971837725141470792698906926723.jpg
figure C and wires are connected to white-green and green-purple on fiat punto 2b 2009

if you scan the instruction book and put it in the punto downloads section of the forum it will help people work out what is going on.

You asked about the location of the connector blocks. What I can tell you there is a huge number of wires connected on the right hand side of the car just below the top of the carpet under the inertia switch. So the position is about the height of your right knee on the right hand side of the car. (left hand drive car like mine)

Last edited:
if you scan the instruction book and put it in the punto downloads section of the forum it will help people work out what is going on.

You asked about the location of the connector blocks. What I can tell you there is a huge number of wires connected on the right hand side of the car just below the top of the carpet under the inertia switch. So the position is about the height of your right knee on the right hand side of the car. (left hand drive car like mine)
I found that with blue locking tab, i tried disconnecting it, but it was same, i suspect that body computer is damaged?

I found that with blue locking tab, i tried disconnecting it, but it was same, i suspect that body computer is damaged?
I am not a fan of the change a part game till you fix something. But that can be more economical sometimes.

Disconnecting the connector that you showed in the diagram from the haynes manual is the *opposite* of what you seem to need to fix the problem with the door locks not working when the key is turned. Instead you need to find where there is a faulty disconnection. Which means for example that you disconnect the door connectors that are visible when you open the door near the hinges and you trace the wires and operate the locks with 12 volts until you find where there is a missing connection. Even if you dont find the connectors in the diagram in the first investigation you can still start to trace that one single coloured identified wire you found in the diagram is coming from the body computer and travels to all 4 doors via the unseen connectors. If you find a door where you cannot trace the wire then you need to start following the entire length of that wire till you find a connector or a wire break. If the wiring is proved to be good then maybe another body computer makes sense. But you cannot just change the body computer unless you transfer the EEPROM chip with the immobilisation data or you find a matching body and engine computer and key transponder (glass tube with chip inside the key). It is starting to be hard to find these matching computers for 20 year old cars.

I believe everything is fine with the wire connections. I think the issue lies with the body computer because at that time, I observed a voltage between 3V and 0V on one of the wires, and now that voltage has increased to over 5V. I suspect that's why I have to press the key button twice. Also, in Serbia, every third car is identical to mine, so I don't think finding the body computer should be too difficult.

I believe everything is fine with the wire connections. I think the issue lies with the body computer because at that time, I observed a voltage between 3V and 0V on one of the wires, and now that voltage has increased to over 5V. I suspect that's why I have to press the key button twice. Also, in Serbia, every third car is identical to mine, so I don't think finding the body computer should be too difficult.
Problem is finally fixed, i changed the lock inside driver's door

I often wondered what was the root cause of this snag, and thought you might have to live with the 'feature'. Thanks for updating this thread with a resolution. Congrats on the fix. 👍

Probably I fried the locking motors inside the front doors somehow, but not completely, and they still worked, partially, I guess.

Put things back to normal and make sure things are working correctly. If you put it back to standard and you are still having problems then you have probably damaged something.

If there are no issues once back to normal and you still want to connect this kit then you need to post up the full instructions with the kit then we should hopefully be able to help you. There is no point trying to fault find the remote central locking if you don't know that the car is working as it should be.

I suspect you have connected your module to the wrong wires in the car, maybe a door ajar switch or something.

Put things back to normal and make sure things are working correctly. If you put it back to standard and you are still having problems then you have probably damaged something.

If there are no issues once back to normal and you still want to connect this kit then you need to post up the full instructions with the kit then we should hopefully be able to help you. There is no point trying to fault find the remote central locking if you don't know that the car is working as it should be.

I suspect you have connected your module to the wrong wires in the car, maybe a door ajar switch or something.
Yes, I initially connected the module to the wrong wires, but eventually, I connected the correct wires, and it worked. However, I now have to press twice to unlock or lock the car, which is the most confusing aspect for me. I tried unplugging the doors, replacing the module, and even replacing the body, but nothing seemed to work.

Now, everything is functioning correctly. I just wanted to post an update in case someone else is facing the same issue.

Back