General Car written off by drunk driver

Currently reading:
General Car written off by drunk driver

Personally I wouldn't even phone your insurance. The drunken idiot is clearly at fault so up-to his insurance to pay. Phone a solicitor there's reams of them out there that would take on your case without any form of payment and they claim their fee's from the third party. They will make sure you don't get left short and are fully compensated for the whole inconvenience and any 'out of pocket' expenses.

Hopefully the Merc driver gets a hefty punishment! Not nice to see at all!

I don't think you'll get £4000 for your car though, insurers very rarely pay out max value, look more towards the book value for a more realistic valuation. £2,800 in your case. Maybe £3,000.

Minimum I will accept is 3500.
I will try and get 4000 by showing examples like andy said.

That's not at your discretion, I'm afraid. They'll offer, you can argue the toss over how much it's worth but they very rarely give more than book value. It's only really in contention when debating the value of a collectors/classic car.

:eek: OMG

Sorry to hear about this mate, thankfully you weren't in the car at the time.

I hope this drink driver gets a hefty penalty, though in reality he'll probably just get a fine and banned!

Have you considered Gap Insurance for your next car?

http://www.carinsurance.com/kb/content10049.aspx

Well worth the money, though thankfully i've not had to use it.

Hope to see you back in a Grande soon (y)

Dont worry about paying out the ass for insurance after youve claimed! Ive recently had quite a bad accident in my Grande 1.2 active and I was mega worried. I looked at a rough quote for next year and the price hasnt changed! Plusss.. im a new driver!
Hope things Get sorted man! Bad to hear of a Grande being wrecked!

Your claim will be settled by your insurer less your excess - your voluntary and compulsory

You will need to ensure you get all your unisured losses (your excess) back off the other party and or insurers.

Until you do so your claim will be classed as an at fault claim by your your insurer and may affect your renewal.

You also have to prove that you have received your excess back.

Should not be a problem in the circumstances but can be a pain.

very sad to see :(, sorry to hear about your loss.
when i was at fiat, they gave me a little card of a service they offer, if you have an accident, phone fiat accident aftercare http://www.fiat.co.uk/content/?id=20385 and they do everything for you, and fight it for you. its free for fiat owners to (y). don't know if it helps you at all, but thought id let you know

Back