General Car written off by drunk driver

Currently reading:
General Car written off by drunk driver

Gutted for you, that looks rough :/

Depends on your insurer and their individual perspective on mods, etc. Most will give the current market value of your vehicle at the time of the incident (based on age, colour, mileage, etc) unless your policy has an agreed valuation. Best speaking to your insurers for exact figures - I'm sure you must be on a semi-first name basis with a few people there by now!

best to agree a fair valuation for the car, and if any other expenses you have incurred because of the accident happening, temporary transport etc.

Sorry to see that, looks really bad! I hope he gets what he deserves!

This is very similar to what happened to my friend her car was hit by a lorry and pushed into her wall. She found half her car up the road! But the driver didn't even stop!

Some people should not be allowed on the road!

56 plate, 1.2 active, 45000 miles.
Reckon i could push for 4000?

well go out with a camera and get pictures of 1.2s on garage forcourts collect local papers showing garages selling them 2nd hand of a similar milage screen shots of auto trader

past receipts if the car was recently serviced to prove it was in a state of good repair and well looked after it will all help

dont forget to claim your loss of insurance as if the car is written off your policy will end so you should be able to claim out of pocket expenses from the third party if you paid £365 for your policy and you have 60 days remaining your £60 out of pocket there

collect bus tickets if you travel as a result of not having a car and add these to the claim it wasnt your fault and you shouldn't be out of pocket

Last edited:
well go out with a camera and get pictures of 1.2s on garage forcourts collect local papers showing garages selling them 2nd hand of a similar milage screen shots of auto trader

past receipts if the car was recently serviced to prove it was in a state of good repair and well looked after it will all help

dont forget to claim your loss of insurance as if the car is written off your policy will end so you should be able to claim out of pocket expenses from the third party if you paid £365 for your policy and you have 60 days remaining your £60 out of pocket there

collect bus tickets if you travel as a result of not having a car and add these to the claim it wasnt your fault and you shouldn't be out of pocket

Gonna do this straight away :)

Back